Possible URL Change

Pick the primary URL (both will direct to the same site)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before in another thread but didn't get the amount of feedback I'd really like to. With the talk of t-shirts being made I figured I should ask and settle it once and for all.

Current URL: Is self-explanatory, but long. If we changed I would keep the old domain names and just re-direct them so that the site stayed relevant in search engines where its indexed under this URL, and also to avoid confusion.

New URL - My6GA.com/net: Advantages IMO would be its shorter, so easier to remember & pass on to others. Also for shirts and stuff we could play with "Your 6GA (stock) vs My6GA" kind of stuff. Downside is while everyone here knows what 6GA stands for, noobs might not.

So vote, and if you have comments feel free to post them.

jvirusvirus

Reaction score
^ Yup, like 2 month new to this site I like the url as it is and also if it was different like the new one, not sure if i would of understood that....:D:thumbup:

finch13

Reaction score
meh, people who visit frequently have it bookmarked and people who come here randomly probably click a link... so no logical need for shortening it.

FlipStylie

Reaction score
I tend to agree with everyone so far, no need to change it I think. I don't think benefits of it being shorter and easier to remember are substantial enough to change it. The url we have is an identity for us and I wouldn't want to mess with it..

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
well, i found this site by searching the web for the "generation" of the car, then googling "6th gen accord"

i think a my6ga.com site would be nice for supporting members. what it would have in it...i dont know :lawl:

but yeah...some of the other gen-specific sites like 8thcivic.com are known for their gen-specific address.

imo, we need to get 6ga to be THE 6th gen site...not split between v6p, accord tuner, etc, so it lives up to its name.

CHID0

Reaction score
leave it as is. If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it......

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
well, i found this site by searching the web for the "generation" of the car, then googling "6th gen accord"

i think a my6ga.com site would be nice for supporting members. what it would have in it...i dont know :lawl:

but yeah...some of the other gen-specific sites like 8thcivic.com are known for their gen-specific address.

imo, we need to get 6ga to be THE 6th gen site...not split between v6p, accord tuner, etc, so it lives up to its name.

You really want those V6P guys over here?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
i like it how it is. when I found it I googled 6th generation accord and found this site. I agree with chido if it's not broke why try and fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back