Aftermarket fender?

sweagle02

Reaction score
Hey guys, ever since I bought my car it always had a dent on the right passenger fender. My friends had always told me that if a shop would try to take that dent out, it would never be perfect again since it is in a very awkward place, imagine right above the wheel well. Some folks have suggested just buying a new fender and getting it paint as a better option.

My question is, do any of you have any good experiences with after market body parts like hoods, fenders, etc. Some people tell me I should try a junkyard even though I doubt I might find a fender in a well enough condition.

What would you guys do? :thinking:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
How bout photos of the dent? There's no such thing as good place for a dent. If it's not huge I bet it can be pulled out just fine. I can't say it's worth buying a whole new fender for a single dent.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
my front bumper is aftermarket aka oem replacement ... i didn't have a problem with it ... i didn't want to buy an oem bumper because i knew i was just going to F it up :p

sweagle02

Reaction score
Here's two pics of the damage. It seems to be right on the body line :madrun:

53lquf.jpg

2qa4aib.jpg

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
bondo, lots and lots of bondo... jk, yeah thats in bad spot, might need a new one

sweagle02

Reaction score
bondo, lots and lots of bondo... jk, yeah thats in bad spot, might need a new one

Haha I'm glad u weren't serious. If bondo was the solution then I would've rather gotten a new fender. I think that's the way it's starting to look. Just a lot of people always complain about how flimsy aftermarket parts are...

sweagle02

Reaction score
Get a capa certified fender.

That's another thing I was thinking of but what does CAPA certified really guarantee. That their certification is superior to another aftermarket fender. On a website I encountered, one fender was $60 and a CAPA certified fender jumped to $195. That's a lot of extra green for a "certified" fender.

Cpyro

Reaction score
damn lol, i have a dent in that same spot almost, sorta sucks huh, last dent i popped crackd the paint and i regret doing so haha

dtraill27

Reaction score
i have capa certified hood bumper and right front fender. they all look great. no complaints about them

Back