lowering my 6th gen

squeeks

Reaction score
Yeah im considering a drop on my 98 4 cylinder and im looking into the eibach sportline springs. Since the new england winter is coming soon my question is would I definitely need to change the shocks to accommodate the new springs? If it is an nesscessity then I guess I'll throw my 300 into another mod and just cut my stock springs heh. Budget is tight and I only have 300 to spend this month. I wouldnt mind saving a few hundred bucks for a bumpy ride.

feedback please

klee

Reaction score
squeeks said:
Yeah im considering a drop on my 98 4 cylinder and im looking into the eibach sportline springs. Since the new england winter is coming soon my question is would I definitely need to change the shocks to accommodate the new springs? If it is an nesscessity then I guess I'll throw my 300 into another mod and just cut my stock springs heh. Budget is tight and I only have 300 to spend this month. I wouldnt mind saving a few hundred bucks for a bumpy ride.

feedback please

Please please please do not cut your stock springs. That is the worse possible mod you could ever do to your car. I can as well as many on this board can rattle off the numerous negative consquences you will suffer for doing it. If your looking for springs that are affordable with a similar drop, check out H&R Race, Tein S-techs, and many other brands. I've seen these on ebay for around 150.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Please...DO NOT CUT YOUR STOCK SPRINGS
As previous stated, that's the worse possible mod you can do.
Just purchase a set of lowering springs. I got mine (H&R's) for $180 it dropped me 1.5F/1.3R. Also, I was on the stock shocks for about two years and everything was fine. But I did get new shocks (KYB GR2) for $155 on Ebay.
But what ever you do...DO NOT CUT YOUR SPRINGS. Your ride will be extremely bouncy and handle worse than a 18 wheeler at an autocross.

Muyo

Reaction score
do Not Cut Your Stock Springs!!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
save up a lil more and lower ur car the right way... actually, for $350, u can get tokico HP shocks and the sportlines....install would be another story

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
I agree please dont cut your spring it would be the wurs dicision you ever made. your car will buonce like a ****ing rabit. I recomed aerospeed they are about 150 and drop you 2.25 to 2.50 in. and you could still use your stock stuts. Also there is very little negative camber only about 1 or 2 degrees of cant berley notice it. Very good ride to they are stiff anuf to be competitive but also soft anuf to be able to drive around town all day long. Also the car look great that low. Trust me I got them and I love them and on top of that save some more money and latter get some tokiko 5way struts to go with them and you will have a great ride cuality

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
with any drop, i wouldnt reccomend using your stock struts. like, sure you can, some people have last 1 day on them, som have lasted years, i think BN lasted a while. but when i get a drop, i know im deff not leaving the stock struts, cuz i dont wanna blow a shock and drive like that, haha.

cdubb77

Reaction score
Just in case you didn't see the previous posts.......

DO NOT CUT YOUR STOCK SPRINGS.

I have KYB GR-2 shocks with Neuspeed Race springs. Gave me a 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 inch drop. Always replace your shocks with aftermarket shocks when you get aftermarket springs.

Back