Illegal yellow headlamp

dynasty

Reaction score
My sister took me car late at night on sunday. She got pulled over and said that the headlight bulbs are illegal. But the police gave her a warning. I bought the bulbs from a user here. I remember that the yellow headlamp was legal 48 states. How could this bulb be illegal in Oklahoma? In my head, i think he's just bs-ing but i would like to know more just to avoid being pulled over. I hate it when it happens. :mad: But i have a Nokya Yellow bulbs for low-beam.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I don't understand how the hell they could be illegal. Look what Lexus comes with them bright as yellow driving lights

dynasty

Reaction score
I don't know but i would like to avoid being pulled over. HAHA. Anyone has any confirmation about this issue?

671CG5

Reaction score
I was the one who sold you the bulbs. YES it's illegal here on GUAM. That's why I sold it...brand new never got to put them on. My friend got fined for that here and the ticket cost $150. INSANE? YES! But we have to follow it here or we'll be dead broke if we didn't.

Check with your local enforcement on the validity of getting fined using yellow bulbs... cop just probably had nothing better to do that night. :mad:

dynasty

Reaction score
Yea i got it from you buddy. I like it and all but this is stupid. There should be a pros and cons of illegal stuff. Pros is it's different lighting color but same quality output of lighting to the road. Cons? It's no brighter than OEM or hyperwhites nor it is amber so the signal would still show very good. Then what's so bad about yellow headlights?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
like I said makes no sense to me look at the OEM yellow lights on lexus and other cars

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
it's because it is an distraction. if you drive on the opposite side of the road and you see that you are the only one with yellow headlights wouldn't you look. but then again i would even look if its just a camero. lol tough luck. econ is down. cop giving out tickets is easy way of getting money. hate the popo all you want but majority of the time they are right. im not sure about this case but all those speeding tickets, rolling stops, and so on. yeah bingo tickets.

edit holy f this thread is 3 years old! who would bump this thing up?

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
man the only reason i think is bc it close to payday so that the only reason why they would pull ur sister over. man i drove around okc for like a month or two with the same yellow bulbs and never had problems.

just my 2 cent

Back