moar fabrication :g

MoneyPit

Reaction score
i removed a big useless metal hunk in my engine bay which has allowed me to re-think, re-route, re-build, and re-size my exhaust.

i started with a universal DIY flowmaster 3" mendrel bent tubing kit, added a 3" high-flow metal catalyst magnaflow turbo cat with a single magnaflow SS 3" turbo muffler. pics are the progress, hoping to be done this weekend. as always, updates will be added, and a final whoring will be in order. c&c whalecum.

breathe easy baby. tell me how my whp is :g
DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

accord484.jpg

accord485.jpg

accord486.jpg

accord490.jpg

accord487.jpg

accord495.jpg

New downpipe, tacked together but complete:
accord496.jpg

accord498.jpg

Magnaflow metal catalyst spun cat with new 3" 3-bolt flanges tacked. The goal was to have a fully removable/replaceable cat that mated the exhaust and the downpipe:
accord499.jpg

accord500.jpg

Cat bolted to new downpipe:
accord504.jpg

Completed downpipe. Fully welded v-band flange and 3" 3-bolt flange as well as two O2 bungs for wideband and narrowband:
accord510.jpg

Completed exhaust. Note the third O2 sensor as well as the 3-piece design for easy removal/replace:
accord511.jpg

accord512.jpg

accord513.jpg

And this is how a j36 6mt turbo underhood should look:
accord633.jpg

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
nice work. i've been thinking about fabbing up my own piping recently
you've only spot welded thos pipes so far, right?

ot, i want your trunk :rock:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
are you planning on using a resonator?

I have a 18" Resonator on my 3" setup and it still drones. I'm planning on squeezing another 10" in there to cut out the droning.

So I can't imagine what no resonator sounds like

Drift

Reaction score
That looks great! good work! The fitment looks nice and tight down the tunnel.

I ran a kteller exhaust with only a muffler for a few weeks, (given its a different motor), but the noise was obnoxious. I put two resonators in and its much more tolerable now.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
you always do such nice work man. i cant wait to see it finished.
Thanks fella. Should be finished up soon and ready to whore :D
nice work. i've been thinking about fabbing up my own piping recently
you've only spot welded thos pipes so far, right?

ot, i want your trunk :rock:
The diy universal kits are the way to do it. Super cheap, fully mendrel bent, and pretty damn easy to make the perfect setup. Do it! But yes, the exhaust is just tack welded atm. Once the DP and cat is in, I'll go back and fully weld all the seams, then coat them.
Its looking real good.

are you planning on using a resonator?

I have a 18" Resonator on my 3" setup and it still drones. I'm planning on squeezing another 10" in there to cut out the droning.

So I can't imagine what no resonator sounds like
So you have 3" on a NA setup, right? In this case, the turbo acts as a small muffler, so you can't really compare the two. We'll see when all is said and done, if it's loud you can bet I'll be quieting it down. I hate attention-getting exhaust.

That looks great! good work! The fitment looks nice and tight down the tunnel.

I ran a kteller exhaust with only a muffler for a few weeks, (given its a different motor), but the noise was obnoxious. I put two resonators in and its much more tolerable now.
Thanks. As for the noise, read my response above. I'm not sure if the resonators are necessary just yet.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice work man, looks great. About the 'metal hunk' you removed...what was it and why was it there?

Back