JMillerF23A1's 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Around the beginning of October I started searching for a Jeep for the winter time because my car is a bit low to be driving in the snow. My budget was $1500 or less. I looked at a few XJ's and ZJ's, but most of the ones I looked at had really high miles, or needed a lot of work. One day I was talking with a friend of mine on the phone while he was at work, and one of his co-workers over head us talking about my Jeep hunt, and she said she had a 95 ZJ that she would sell for $1000. So I went to take a look at it and it looked pretty beat but ran good. The truck sat for about a year, and it looked like it had never been washed. The seller said all it really needed was rear brakes. So I bought it for $1000.

After I got it I went to do the brakes on the rear and ran into a lot of rust problems, and had a caliper bolt snap off which became a real *****. So instead of just doing pads and rotors I ended up replacing the calipers as well. I told my buddy this and he told his co-worker and she refunded me $250 on the purchase price because of the problems.

So I ended up getting a 95 4.0L ZJ with 117k/mi for $750

The before pics.....

Jeepbefore3.jpg

jeepbefore1.jpg

jeepbefore2.jpg

After A LOT of elbow grease.......

SN850985.jpg

SN850986.jpg

SN850987.jpg

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I've always liked these Jeeps. Those 4.0 HO engines are pretty strong. It looks like you probably spent most of the day restoring it. You could probably make 1k off her with a fast sale. Nice work though

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I've always liked these Jeeps. Those 4.0 HO engines are pretty strong. It looks like you probably spent most of the day restoring it. You could probably make 1k off her with a fast sale. Nice work though

Yeah I thought about that, I'm going to see how I feel about it in the spring after I drive it through the winter. I've been kicking around of selling it after the winter and buying an e30, but it might be nice to have a car and an SUV.

Might mod it a bit and start off-roading it.

dtraill27

Reaction score
damn after you cleaned it up it looks brand new. nice job

Back