College Football : Week 1

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
VT Hokies > NC State 20-17

I was a little nervous. NC State has #1 ranked defense in the country, and we were having trouble with our running game there for a bit. They really owned us on that fake kick too

Georgia Tech > Auburn

Didn't see this game... but we play GT this year, and we lost to Auburn last year, so it seems that GT is going to be a tough game for VT. We beat GT last year but it looks like they've improved. As long as Vick can throw and scramble like he did in the NC State game we'll be fine though

FSU > Miami 10-7

IMO Both teams were playing horribly. Miami was something like 3/15 for 3rd down conversions and FSU wasn't any better. Miami had 2 missed field goals in the 1st half, they had a blocked punt in the 3rd quarter, both teams were just sucking it up. I was expecting a lot better game from two ranked teams. We play Miami so I'm glad they lost though, FSU really just got lucky that they were able to hold that lead for so long.

Arizona State > Temple
USC > Hawaii
Tenessee > UAB
Texas > La Lafayette
Michigan > Northern Illinois
Ohio State > Miami (Ohio)
Florida > Wyoming
TCU > Oklahoma
Iowa > Ball State
Georgia > Boise State
Clemson > Texas A&M

---Didn't see this one coming, anyone else?

California > Sacramento State
Boston College > BYU

---We play Boston this year too...

UVA > Western Michigan 31-19

---I had to laugh at this one. We beat WMichigan 63-0 last year as our first home game. UVA beat them, but to get scored on 3 times by that team is embarrassing

Notre Dame > Pittsburgh

---This might turn out to be a good season for ND, they haven't had horrible seasons but lately they haven't been the great team they used to always be. At least after this weekend they might be ranked.

Louisville > Kentucky

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Wildman said:
Georgia Tech > Auburn

Didn't see this game... but we play GT this year, and we lost to Auburn last year, so it seems that GT is going to be a tough game for VT. We beat GT last year but it looks like they've improved. As long as Vick can throw and scramble like he did in the NC State game we'll be fine though

I went to that ****, and man was I pissed :mad: , but like I said on the old site, Its a year for rebuilding. You cant expect a team whose entire backfield is drafted 1st round to be that good. I hope we can make it to a bowl game though.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
lol that sucks, didn't realize you guys had many draft losses. no one is giving us credit this year, we haven't even been mentioned for a bowl game let alone the national game. don't count us out - we still have King, Imoh, Humes, Tapp, and now Vick, not too mention some kickass new talent (Glennon).

how was the weather at the game? I didn't watch the GT v AU game

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Wildman said:
how was the weather at the game? I didn't watch the GT v AU game

Hot and humid as hell. The game didn't start till 8:45 est! So it was over at around 12:15am. We got Mississippi State this week, so its time to (hopefully) get a win.

BTW, Ronnie Brown went to the dolphins, Cadillac went to the Buccanneers and Campbell and Rodgers went to the redskins. :mad:

Back