paint cf hood or not

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
my car is goin into the bodyshop for repair... at the same time, i'm getting my cf hood, rear lip, front lip and front bumper redone.... anyways, should i just reclear the cf hood or paint it to match the car? i honestly like the black cf look cos it matches my headlights and rims... but what do u guys think?

6THGEN_AI4

It looks awesome the way it is now, not feeling painting the CF hood.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
a Z i saw before had done something different in how it painted its CF hood and it looked pretty good.

basically the paint faded towards the center of the hood, so that the edges were painted but then it slowly thinned out so you could see the CF weave. just an idea - looked awesome on his car, but I have a feeling I didn't do a very good job describing it

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
hhhm.. kinda get the idea.... kinda like airbrushing i presume... there's no way to get tht fading effect without an airbrush.... i'll think abt it tho... thanx for the input guys

6THGEN_AI4

Check this Job on the CF Hood

sfxvgdsxgvfu1.jpg

Browntown

Reaction score
I like this look (minus that billet stuff). It may not have the same effect without the painted roof though.....

whitecoupeqj2qq2.jpg

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yeah, the blue accord is my twin exterior-wise.... but don't u guys think it's a waste painting just the edges like tht? and i'm not a big fan of the white accord's hood... ben around for ages, but never really got to me :p

6THGEN_AI4

I don't think is a waste but is Ur car, I think it would look nice thoght.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
yeah, the blue accord is my twin exterior-wise.... but don't u guys think it's a waste painting just the edges like tht? and i'm not a big fan of the white accord's hood... ben around for ages, but never really got to me :p

yeah seems pointless to me.

Back