LED instrument cluster anyone?

redtoy

Reaction score
Anyone here who did an LED instrument cluster for the accord? I was thinkinf of putting LEDs inside and then tint the plastic cover black to give it an optitron look.

62.jpg

angelplus

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
then wouldnt you have to always have your lights onto see your gauges?

I was thinking the same thing. Becuase when I turn my step moms car on you cant really see anything til the LEDs are lit up.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Just wire the leds into a switched 12 volt source off the ignition. Actually thats a cool idea. I wish i thought of that before i did mine. Like the new suburu legacys. This would be pretty challenging though. You would be running alot of wires, or have to rewire your light source on your guages to something like the clock or hack the wires for illumination into the odometer. That would be the easiest. Still, kind of a pain.

redtoy

Reaction score
Yep i was thinking we could rewire the lights to the clock which turns on when the vehicle is on. Or maybe even the accesory wire. The pain there would be the wirings from the gauges and in mounting the LEDs? anyone brave enough to do such thing? The best partis tinting the plastic cover so you cant see a damn thing without the LEDs on.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It wouldn't be hard to rewire your guages to come on at all times. Just rewire it so instead of being switched by headlights, it's switched by the igniton. Like i said, the odometer is already like that. Find that wire, cut the one from the switched fromt the headlights and you are good.

Back