magnaflow muffler on I4

HONDUH AKKORD

Reaction score
how would a magnaflow muffler on a stock 4 cylinder sound like? stock pipping and everything, just going to weld it on in replace of my stock muffler. any noticiable difference in sound?? quiet, ricey, loud?? also, would i pass emissions of i just swap out my stock muffler for a magnaflow with no exhaust mods just magnaflow muffler?

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
nah it's not ricey.. i had one on my 4cyl with stock piping.. you can only hear it as you accelerate from a stop. otherwise, when you're just cruising on the highway.. you can't hear it.. that's the good thing. i liked it.. but i just didn't like the attention it brought to the five-o.

HONDUH AKKORD

Reaction score
well cus i went to the muffler shop, and i asked them woud i pass emissions and smog check, if i only swap mufflers for magnaflow, and keep my stock pipping and cat n resonator, and he said i wont pass bcus my cat may be to old for this muffler or somethin like that

truWarier02

Reaction score
That's weird.. you could pass emissions as long as you have a good cat or just replace it.

The big shiny muffler just attracted too much attention at night.. couldn't count how many times I got pulled over just cause of the look of my car. But I have a CL-S muffler now so all is good...

HONDUH AKKORD

Reaction score
yeah .. lol i wished they made a flat black kind. yeah i wanna go for it, but i wont know how it would sound. ths is my first time gettin a exhaust. what do u thiink i should do?

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
youtube is probably your best bet to actually hear a clip of said muffler in action. as for emissions, there are also limits to the dB your car emits so as long as your not setting off car alarms (which you wont be) you should be ok.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Haha I set off a couple of alarms with my old magnaflow muffler. Only the reallly really sensitive alarms though...

I'd say you should just get it if a little bit of sound is what you're going for. It'll sound good.. there would be virtually no drone while you're driving. You'll like it.. trust me.

slaiguy

Reaction score
Haha I set off a couple of alarms with my old magnaflow muffler. Only the reallly really sensitive alarms though...

I'd say you should just get it if a little bit of sound is what you're going for. It'll sound good.. there would be virtually no drone while you're driving. You'll like it.. trust me.

i got a v6 w/ cl-s mufflers on stock piping and it sounds ok. so tru, why did u change it up from the magnaflows to the cl-s? and which do u think (in ur opinion) was louder?

Back