Datsrboi's Single turbo supra pics. RIP :(

Datsrboi

Reaction score
Figure I post up my old beloved supra. My accord was my daily driver and my supra was a weekend track and MKIV killer to be. I spent two years hand building and hand restoring this car. It was my dream car I had wanted. Yes this car was hand rebuilt ground up. Never paid anyone to touch it. Yes I am proud to say I did over night stuff from japan on parts.

Two months ago my daily accord failed and broke down on me (spark plug wire went bad) so I decided to take my supra to work. Car was personally hand tuned for daily and was 1 WEEK yes one week to putting down its final tune in. Half way to work a truck cut me off in the middle of the highway. I swerve to avoid hitting the bastard and ended up in a lane with a dead stop stalled car with no hazards lights on. I slammed into the car at 60mph. The car I hit was destroyed. Mine being an older pure metal handling car was not as bad. Motor was untouch for a 60mph dead impact. I could not bare to start over so sold it as is rather put in another two years. I cried.

The car is a 1987 Toyota Supra with a single 64mm Garrett 1JZGTE forged iron cast block motor. I had upgraded standalone fuel system, 44mm wastegate, hkd bov, Cams and cam gears, 3 inch full straight turbo back exhaust, 2.5 piping, huge 4 inch thick intercooler, Rear 4.3 LSD diff, injectors, and misc stuff. Originally car ran on a REAL MINES ECU but went standalone. All tuned by a EMS standalone and manual ebc. That was just motor a lone. I had genuine greddy discontined front bumper and bomex lips. and full brides seats, sparco wheel with apexi 60mm gauges. There was a lot more in the list. Roughly 23 grand investment over a 2 year period. Car is not in MPH but in kilo dash. Real deal.

Here is the sad part. Car was never finished tuning. Redline on this supra is 8,300RPM stock block!!!!! I only dynoed it to 4,000rpm and with major turbo lag the car made 249whp. I had a wastegate issue and was waiting on a new wastegate. Car top speed is suppose to be around 180mph easily. Motor setup is good for 800whp on stock internals. Purpose of this build was to beat the **** out mkiv supras and bikes. RIP supra.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_660200-1.jpg

IMG_7551.jpg

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

IMG_7563.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7584.jpg

IMG_7570.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

IMG_73190.jpg

IMG_7314.jpg

IMG_7312.jpg

IMG_7311.jpg

DSCN1950.jpg

DSCN1949.jpg

**This was the LAST shot of my FINALLY finished engine bay 1 night before the accident :( . I had just finally finished all the wiring, paint, chroming, and purple scheme that I HAD DREAMED IT SHOULD BE TWO YEARS AGO :( ***
IMAGE_065.jpg

IMAGE_066.jpg

^^^^ Pretty is it not? Well here is what it looked like when I first brought it home from previous owner not running junk.

l_17489b36ffe042f524ec7e04d8c51356.jpg

l_d17202d9a74b4c64682fcfec883c8bba.jpg

l_0eb96af86e5689088e0d37b8bf4b575a.jpg

l_b4437f8d786476a22884dc6b99037e46.jpg

l_08292e9feae8b8944280836a8c708993.jpg

l_6defd8b3711c74667b77db31a3a0eda8.jpg

l_9d1d9c48a1f908729aead46c5aaac949.jpg

DSC_3510.jpg

DSC_3474.jpg

Last edited:

bliss_creator

Reaction score
I am sorry that this happened, I would hate to see such a lovely car go, why not take some time and rebuild it since you still have the engine and the rest intact. I know the pain of doing it as Im currently helping a friend of mine build his with a similar motor.

Levi

Reaction score
Wow that car was amazing. One of the cleanest engine bays I've seen, you changed it into something completely different and easier on the eyes from when you first got it. Sorry for the loss. I hope you reconsider in starting a new project, that's talent going down the drain.

BTW, when I was in Dallas, I saw a supra like that but flatblack/primered and it was completely gutted out and had a roll cage. Any idea on how much WHP it has if you know who I'm talking about?
why not take some time and rebuild it since you still have the engine and the rest intact.

He sold it.

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Sorry about your loss man. That supra was my idea of perferction, ofcourse I am more of a black on black type of guy. Engine bay was beautiful. The mods were perfectly done and tasteful. Take a break if you need one but don't give up...

Datsrboi

Reaction score
Wow that car was amazing. One of the cleanest engine bays I've seen, you changed it into something completely different and easier on the eyes from when you first got it. Sorry for the loss. I hope you reconsider in starting a new project, that's talent going down the drain.

BTW, when I was in Dallas, I saw a supra like that but flatblack/primered and it was completely gutted out and had a roll cage. Any idea on how much WHP it has if you know who I'm talking about?

He sold it.

Thank man and thanks everyone. Car was amazing. I have a thing for white cars since I personally think its the purest of all color. Pure and simple with the same idea to the supra with HKS theme as the main focus on the engine bay.

That flat black supra your talking about is a stock 1jz motor basicly if I remember correctly about 280-300hp with basics. You went to a nos car meet event right? I was there too with my car and taking model pictures.

I love cars. I just hate people who drives around me. Door dings to tiny people in huge cars, to people with NO INSURANCE!!! Here is my last car. I loved it too. 300hp plus supercharge family toyota solara with all TRD parts and my own custom brand parts that I mass produced for some time. I miss this car too.

736c7383.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

P1020015.jpg

DSC_1788.jpg

Back