front got higher after replacing shocks O.O

Yogi

Reaction score
so.... i just put in my new shocks... BUT before that i was running kyb GR-2's w/ H&R Race springs... the rear blew so i replaced the whole set of shocks with Tokico Illumina's... the fronts where fine but i was like uhh just change them up... since i have all four... as soon as they where done... i noticed the front was about 2 inches higher or like 1 1/2 O.O? is that normal? like would they break in so that the front would go lower over time... or is that un normal... the rear is the same but the front thats about it.... any idea anyone?

thanks
_Yogi

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
theyll prolly lower a little bit, like brake in period. what do you have the rear and the front set at? are you getting illuminas for handling or for just the adjustability?

Yogi

Reaction score
i got them for handling and so the rear wouldnt rub.... and i got them set @ 4.... should i lower it in the front? like @ 3?

retroshark

Reaction score
you need to break them in, drivge 500 miles and youll see it will settle nicely. happens whenever the suspension is relaxed for a period of time.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Yogi said:
i got them for handling and so the rear wouldnt rub.... and i got them set @ 4.... should i lower it in the front? like @ 3?

i currently have my rear ar 5, and the front at 3. i had the front at 2, but i found that it was too soft, and i had rubbed earth a couple times on some bumps. so for me 5 in the rear and 3 up front works and handles great. to reduce understeer, which our cars have plenty of, you wanna have a stiffer rear then front. so never have the rear lower with the front. i had the front and rear both at 5 when i had first installed them, wow, handled horrible. i couldnt imagine it softer in the rear.

Yogi

Reaction score
oh thank you... i saw my front so high and i was like =( what happened to the super dumped..... lol... cool... thanks guys :)

Back