DOH! bought a prelude fuel pump, can i make it work?

euro r wannabe

Reaction score
I bought a walbro 255 fuel pump and since i had got used to ordering h22 parts ordered the damn thing for a h22 "prelude chassis" but can i make it work, here are some pics of the prelude and accord...

prelude

gss342.jpg

html2.jpg

Accord

ag_1_b.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ_Tantoy

Reaction score
i think you can make it fit it in :) i used a civic walbro for my car :)

retroshark

Reaction score
lol it shoulod fit just fine man! dont worry so much!

they are pretty much universal, so just take the old pump out and fit it in place, should go right in there with some playing around with it. i hope its not the HP pumps... you know that with any aftermarket pump you may have to fill your car up before it gets to 1/4 left in the tank, some pumps more than others but with walboro pumps especially, the car starts to sputter after you get down to a 1/4 of the tank.

euro r wannabe

Reaction score
thanks guys! just making sure i didnt have another f'ing part to buy..i got a settlement from a wreck i was in "f250 + 36ft camper going 45 = one sad looking accord" lol but anyways i am about 700 from being cashed out from that, just a poor autobody student and i know ill have to be getting a h22 tranny soon, using the f23 one for right now.

btw thanks for fixing my pics wildman

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Fuel pumps are very universal. Infact, i would bet its the same as an accord. If not, the pump will be the same. You would just need a harness. Or just rewire it yourself. It's a good idea to run the power straight off the battery. Do a search on "dsm fuel pump rewire" for details

Back