F23A1AT's 1996 Nissan 240SX

F23A1AT

Reaction score
My transmission died a few months ago as some of you know, so being the fool I am I decided that even though my transmission had lasted as long as it did slipping and leaking, and then driving over 1000 miles on a blown headgasket, I went and bought this. It was a mistake, I was astounded by the low miles on this car, so I decided it was going to be a good buy. It only had 76411 miles on it when I bought it. Unfortunately, somebody had already played with mods on this car. It has an SR20DET in it, and that runs absolutely wonderful (no sarcasm srsly it runs strong as fawk) In addition to that as short as I am, I am still to tall for this car my head hits the roof. It is meant to be on a track whipping up a f**kload of smoke whilst drifting, not being driven daily to and from school/work.

Brand new SR20DET
Greddy multi-layer Headgasket
ARP headstuds
HKS SSQV
3 inch FMIC
JDM Apexi N1 Exhaust
Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch/pressure plate
Eibach Sportline lowering springs
78,025 Mile Odo.

100_2428.jpg

100_2426.jpg

100_2429.jpg

The money shot!:

100_2431.jpg

It wasn't ragged out by some drifting fan boy either, The guy who put this engine in the car didn't know what he was doing so he had a bunch of NA stuff on this FI car. Fortunately the guy I bought it from who is a friend of mine is the S chassis guru around here so he fixed it all up and made it run like a top.

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Just use 2-70 A/C and fawk the heat. You really don't think you could add those 2 options?

And just how short are you? :eh:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Just use 2-70 A/C and fawk the heat. You really don't think you could add those 2 options? And just how short are you? :eh:
~5'9" It is really the way I sit in my car, I don't recline while I'm driving.

Last edited:

ZFreak

Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. SR'ed 240's are a dime a dozen nowadays. $6250 is a bit steep, but you may be able to get it due to the condition. Many 240's have been beat on by high school kids and have been "rode hard and put away wet" so to speak. There are $5000 or less SR20 240's for sale all over dallas.

ZFreak

Reaction score
~5'9" It is really the way I sit in my car, I don't recline while I'm driving.

From the factory, the JDM (Right hand drive) 240's have a completely backward dash, and therefore the A/C bits under the dash are further to the driver side. The problem that presents is that the turbo and downpipe are right where the high and low side lines should come out. And the compressor is on the driver side front of the engine on the SR20's. It's really pretty complicated to get A/C on a SR swapped USDM 240sx.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. SR'ed 240's are a dime a dozen nowadays. $6250 is a bit steep, but you may be able to get it due to the condition. Many 240's have been beat on by high school kids and have been "rode hard and put away wet" so to speak. There are $5000 or less SR20 240's for sale all over dallas.

true but around me all the ones for 5k are the s13 chasis so that price seems kinda reasonable at least to me... or best offer of course 2 sell it

F23A1AT

Reaction score

Yeah but this is a sub 80K un-drifted 240 sx, with a fresh SR20 in it. I am able to budge a little on the price too, it is like a fake tit, firm but still has some wiggle room.

From the factory, the JDM (Right hand drive) 240's have a completely backward dash, and therefore the A/C bits under the dash are further to the driver side. The problem that presents is that the turbo and downpipe are right where the high and low side lines should come out. And the compressor is on the driver side front of the engine on the SR20's. It's really pretty complicated to get A/C on a SR swapped USDM 240sx.

It is a issue with wiring, under the dash. My compressor is hooked up and has the wiring/lines running to it. I am just too broke to take it somewhere and get that all fixed.

If anybody would spread the word on this to the other forums they are on it would be greatly appreciated. :beer:

Back