Red/Clear Taillight DIY?

Reaction score
I've seen and done the black housing DIY for the headlights on my 4 door, but i havn't seen any DIY for making the taillights red/clear. is this possible, would it be about the same method as the headlights?

jdmgear

Reaction score
Depends on what year your Accord is bro.
The 98-00 have the amber, however I don't believe they can be removed. If you have the 01-02 then just change out the bulbs and WHAM you have yourself clears and no the taillights are not interchangable.
This is why most people that have these years (98-00) just buy the red/clear tail combo off ebay.
Personally I'm not a fan of red/clear I like the Altezza's better JK :p LOL.
Actually I will be doing an all red and possibly an LED retro (still working on my TSX headlight/IS300 fog lamp retro) when its done I'll post some pics. :D

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
nope, not at all......you could take the amber piece out, but theyre still gonna look pink, its the whole lense itself. sorry to let you down, but theres no way. i asked this question a loooong time ago on the old site, haha.

ryon527

Reaction score
go on hidplanet.com for led info. it takes a long time to do.

jdmgear

Reaction score
What's wrong with half red half pink its the new style :cool:
LOL JK :D

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
jdmgear said:
What's wrong with half red half pink its the new style :cool:
LOL JK :D

sad thing is, for me right now, it is :( , haha, oh well, im tryin to get a used set for cheep so i can finish my little project.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
youll see.......ive posted it before, i know i did on the old site, but not sure if i did here yet......maybe if no one tells you itll be a suprise, haha.

skabone

Reaction score
you could always smoke out your tails like i did with my 99 sedan. it looks pretty clean, and its cheaper than buying red/clears. ;)
320074_80_full.jpg

Back