Which rims should i get?

SmrPants44

Reaction score
Ok so heres the deal, my 02 Black V6 Accord 4dr needs new tires badly, and ive been hunting around on craigslist and found two wheel+tire packages that cost about the same as new tires (if they cost the same i can get my dad to pay for them lol). So i need your guys help to pick which set i should get....

Behind door number one!
i_IMG_3351.JPG

i think acura/honda calls them Starburst or something of the sort....
but yea brand new Goodyear Eagle Tires on them....
heres a pic of them on a 2 door silver accord from HandA accessories
acc0217whl2.jpg

these are $550

Door numer two!
no pictures on this one but 04 TL factory wheels with Four Bridgestone Turanza P235/45R/17 93w M+S Tires with about 70% treadwear remaining
these are $400

Door number three!
my last option is to keep the 15" factories and get some awesome $600 all seasons that my parents will most likely pay for!

P.S. im probably not getting a drop anytime soon (poor out of state Tech student) so keep that into consideration!

Thanks for your help! :D

shavedaccord

Reaction score
if i'm thinking of the TL wheels your talking about i'd go with them..I don't really like them starburst wheels don't flow well with our cars

SmrPants44

Reaction score
Browntown said:
TL's .... they'll look killer. Mom and pops paying for it? Lucky bastard.

haha well, i pay a lot for my tuition so gotta get all the help i can get!
now according to the craigslist ad the tires only have 70% tread left, should i be worried about getting used tires? (the next set ill probably have to pay for) and are the bridgestones good tires? It gets icy and rainy here in atlanta, and ill be driving home to oklahoma for chistmas so itll be snowy/icy there too. Im getting used to this winter/wet traction business....it never rained in cali haha :cool:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Just ask for pictures of a quarter in the tread, pictures of the side walls and inside side wall so there is no weathering and cracking

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
Just ask for pictures of a quarter in the tread, pictures of the side walls and inside side wall so there is no weathering and cracking
yep, +1. get the tls, there teh hotness lol :D

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'd go with the tl wheels.

As for used tires, make sure that they are in good condition, no bubbles in the sidewall, etc. Look at tire wear. Make sure it is even, no camber issues, etc. Tires do have some "memory" meaning that if the insides have worn faster do to camber issues they will continue to do so even with 0 camber. Lastly, you don't want to have tires that are more than 5 years old or so, this obviously isn't an issue.

But i'd say you have a great chance that the tires are prefectly fine, just look at them.

Back