tune up

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
okay i'm planning on changing my spark plugs pretty soon. what else should i change with that?
what brand is specifically the question i'm asking.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NGK plugs, might as well do cap/rotor/wires too if its time. Oil change, tranny fluid, cabin filter, blinker fluid, knader valve, muffler bearings...etc

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
naw, man...that's too much.

alright on TASAuto, they got this MSD ignition kit. it comes with wires, dist. cap, and some other ****. is that okay for the ignition tune up?

Mojeans69

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
NGK plugs, might as well do cap/rotor/wires too if its time. Oil change, tranny fluid, cabin filter, blinker fluid, knader valve, muffler bearings...etc

DId you get that frrom the crank call to that lady when the guy from the radio station was pretending to be the mechanic that had her car and was saying that she needed a new transmission and her car had four of them etc <~~~~if that makes sense. :confused:

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
year and miles on your car???

my car is at 94k
-i replaced my plugs, wires, dist. cap and rotor.
-just changed my power steering fluid.
-flushed my brake fluid once a year.
-drain and filled tranny fluid once a year.
-just replaced my front rotors and new pads.
-did my timing belt and water pump around 80k

need to change rear rotor and pads, new cat. converter and o2 sensors

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mojeans69 said:
DId you get that frrom the crank call to that lady when the guy from the radio station was pretending to be the mechanic that had her car and was saying that she needed a new transmission and her car had four of them etc <~~~~if that makes sense. :confused:

No, me and my buddy that works at a Goodyear shop always do it to our friends. Even my dad will bust out the muffler bearings joke once in a while.

Unless your running Nitrous or Boosted - you don't need that MSD thing.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
no no, it's not the MSD ignition box. it's an MSD ignition tune up kit. it comes with spark plug wires, the dist. cap, a coil, and a coil mount. the only thing it doesn't have is the rotor.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea I know what it is, I have it, you don't need it for a tune up.

Just get the wires/cap/rotor/plugs and whatever else you think your car might need as far as a tune up goes. I pretty much listed everything possible.

Back