Problem :Starting the car

Reaction score
I start the car ... it turn off right away .. I do this about 3 times and then it start fine.. it runs good and everything... but once it happen when i was going about 35 to 45 mph and it turn off and then i start it again and it was fine...what could it be ????

angelplus

Reaction score
I start the car ... it turn off right away .. I do this about 3 times and then it start fine.. it runs good and everything... but once it happen when i was going about 35 to 45 mph and it turn off and then i start it again and it was fine...what could it be ????

Thats something that I dont think that I've heard of, but I know Greg will probably have a possible solution, just wait for a bit, someone here will help you soon.

wg2k7

Reaction score
my friends jeep did that for a little bit. it scared the **** out of me cuz i was driving once when it did it and i thought i broke it, but he ignored it and it only happened a few times and it hasnt happened in a long time

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could be a number of things - I'm taking this from the troubleshooting guide in my Haynes

1. Loose or faulty connections at dizzy/coil/alternator
2. Insufficient fuel reaching injectors (meaning fuel pump) - my best guess is this cuz after you do it a few time it starts which means its not putting enough pressure out at first but once you do it a few times it does.
3. Vacuum leak at gasket between TB and IM.

Last edited:

angelplus

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Could be a number of things - I'm taking this from the troubleshooting guide in my Haynes

1. Loose or faulty connections at dizzy/coil/alternator
2. Insufficient fuel reaching injectors (meaning fuel pump) - my best guess is this cuz after you do it a few time it starts which means its got putting enough pressure out at first but once you do it a few times it does.
3. Vacuum leak at gasket between TB and IM.

My point exactly :)

Jeffro

Reaction score
angelplus said:
My point exactly :)
So he's the shizzle. Ohio boy to the rescue.

Anyway, I personally would bet on fuel pump/filter problem, as he stated.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah but check to make sure you don't have any loose connections first because that's an easy as hell fix.

Back