looking to upgrade my brake pads, need suggestions.

Phut

Reaction score
i don't do any type of racing, but i'd like to take my car out to some SCCA events in the future. i'm looking to upgrade my pads from my O.E. spec ones. i plan on just using O.E. rotors, but i want something to add a lil more stopping power since i am running 19 in. wheels. what are your guys suggestions? i want something that's fairly quiet and low dust. TIA.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
EBC is really low dust..just becareful not to get a to agressive of a pad you'll warp them OEM real fast

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
For the difference of price between OEM rotors and Brembo ones.. don'T keep crappy OE rotors..

Pads: Hawk HP+. Enough for some events and provide very strong brake power track/street.

btw, racing/lapping with 19inch wheels isn't a very good idea..

Twobit

Reaction score
yeah, i'd say some 17's...18's pushin it alot if you want to goto scca's and dosomethin. Lighter and it still provides a good ride.

Phut

Reaction score
TitaniumACC said:
For the difference of price between OEM rotors and Brembo ones.. don'T keep crappy OE rotors..

Pads: Hawk HP+. Enough for some events and provide very strong brake power track/street.

btw, racing/lapping with 19inch wheels isn't a very good idea..
thanks for the info. the 19's are just for show/daily driven at the moment. i am looking for smaller wheels and been eyeing a couple of sets i seen for sale on various sights.

champaned_out

Reaction score
some 15x7 rims and slotted or drilled rotors with Axis Metal Masters would definatly help in autocross

SteadFast

Reaction score
Brembo Blank rotors with Hawk pads FTW

my set up is on the way...
Rotors were under 100 shipped from tirerack, pads were free from a gift certificate to tunersports.com :)
id stay away from cross drilled or sloted rotors...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
nothin wrong with slotted rotors. im puttin on powerslot's with EBC greenstuffs pads tomorrow. ive never heard anything bad about powerslot slotted rotors. ive only heard things about drilled ones cracking.

angelplus

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
nothin wrong with slotted rotors. im puttin on powerslot's with EBC greenstuffs pads tomorrow. ive never heard anything bad about powerslot slotted rotors. ive only heard things about drilled ones cracking.

Yeah, my buddy put powerslot rotors on his big *** 2500 Ram, and damn does it stop good. I do believe that he got the EBC greenstuff pads becuase I remember that his pads were green when he bought them from summit racing. Its good stuff, and I recommend it. Though his brakes did sqeek all the time, but now that they're broken in, they're great.

Back