Air Bags

Jeffro

Reaction score
Does anyone know the possible reason that the SRS light would come on?

Very odd story today, because this morning, I hopped in my car, and I noticed the SRS light stayed on, so I happened to be driving by my shop, and scheduled an appointment to get it checked out tomorrow morning. My wife got home from work at around 4:00, and she asks me why her SRS light would be on, because she said it was on today... This strikes me as extremely unusual since I've never seen the light on before (except on start-up)... Of course, at this point, I'm screaming conspiracy, because for the first time in several months, I left my car in the driveway instead of putting it in the garage...

I suppose there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation, but this is just too weird for me... Any takers?

Jeffro

Reaction score
When was that? And isn't it odd that both my vehicles had the light show up the same day?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
well some things can cause them to come on also..if you had anything sitting in the passenger seat..they will come on if it's under so many pounds because it thinks it's a child

champaned_out

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
well some things can cause them to come on also..if you had anything sitting in the passenger seat..they will come on if it's under so many pounds because it thinks it's a child

there are two different SRS lights.. one of them is the red "SRS" light and the other one is the orange "Passenger Side Air Bag" light

what you can do is reset your ECU and see if the SRS light goes away.. if so than it was nothing.. if it stays on, than you could goto your dealership and find out why its on

Jeffro

Reaction score
For my car, it's the red SRS light... I haven't been in my wife's Ody yet, but I think it's the same... I'll find out for mine tomorrow morning at 10:00...

Jeffro

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, the dealer told me the switch in my seatbelt quit, and its under warranty so they are fixing it for free. The warranty must be for life, because there isn't much that is still covered on my Cord since it has 163,545 miles on it (so far today)

Jeffro

Reaction score
Why spend any money on resetting it if I could get it done for free? Besides, I'd want to know for sure that something wasn't wrong with my air bags before I tried to reset something myself... But that's just me...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Jeffro said:
Why spend any money on resetting it if I could get it done for free? Besides, I'd want to know for sure that something wasn't wrong with my air bags before I tried to reset something myself... But that's just me...

yea really.

and yes, anything seatbelt related is covered under warrenty for life, cuz its a safety thing. so like, if your seatbelt doest retract back anymore, or does really slowly, you can get that replaced and its free.

Back