Interior Cleaning?

Quinchu

Reaction score
Just wondering how far people go to clean there cars?

When I first got my car I gutted it, cleaned all under the carpet, along the side pannels, Treated all my leather, and cleaned every single piece of the dash by hand. Also used all Meguiar's, because I really won't trust anything else inside or outside my car..

How far do y'all go whan ya clean yours?

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
The blue coral carpet cleaner works good. I didn't go as far as you, but I clean my dash about every week and a half.

Jeffro

Reaction score
I will periodically use carpet cleaner and glass cleaner and the usual... The most intense thing I do is use my hand-held turbo brush with my vacuum which I just love... Otherwise, it's mostly traditional for me. I've never gone as far as you, but my dad bought my car with 2 miles on it, and I bought it from him 2 years later, so I know how it had been kept when I got it...

Quinchu

Reaction score
Thats luck, I bought my car from a friend of the family, and it was like a family car, the first time I pulled the back seats out and crap, I found like drinks spilt under the carpet, and gum/candy all over the place, I even found a date book from 99, and a picture of Jesus under my cupholder.

Anyways, thats all cleaned up now, and its good to go, only a couple rattles to figure out, and then I've got it down. But anyone else went as far to fully clean your car out?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i dust the dash every now and then... usually I clean the cupholders and around there but that's really it. I usually don't even vaccuum the car, just try and keep it from getting too dirty to begin with.

but lately my car is dirty as hell. its been a few camping + rafting trips, plus a move between 2 apartments since I've cleaned it :(

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i dont get mine dirty. if i just vacuumed it today, and showed you it, youd honestly think i spent hours cleaning it. i dont like to clutter it up with sh!t and i dont like to get it dirty. thats a huge pet peeve of mine....a dirty car that is mine, haha.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I wouldn't strip my car if that's what you are asking. But i have have had to strip every car i've owned pretty much though and when i do that, i clean everything up really nice. I shampoo the carpets about 4 times, clean up everything till it's like new. As for my regular cleaning, i use meguires leather cleaner (the liquid one with aloe) for anything vinyl or plastic. A bit overkill but everyone i live with has leather so i always have it around, does the job well. I clean my seats, cloth, and my carpet every couple of months. I vaccum everytime i clean though. I did save some money for leather as i got a great deal on my car. That will come as my seats wear. With leather seats, in the past, i cleaned them every week to every two weeks. Really seems to help the longevity with the right cleaner/protectant.

Mostly, i just make sure to clean it regularly. That's what keeps it looking new.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just cleaned mine sunday, took out all seats, console, and removed the old cabin filters, hood, plastic shroud infront of windshield and battery/battery tray.

Vacuumed, wiped down interior, treated the leather, scrubbed the floor mats, all windows inside and out, then washed it.

Browntown

Reaction score
I try to keep my interior clutter free as much as possible.... that way a little cleaning makes a big difference.... the exterior I have little control over so I don't sweat it... I just try to do a good job when I wash it....

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
it depends.... i used to be a professional detailer, till I got my tools stolen :(

depending on the situation, I only do full cleaning maybe once every 6 months. Normally i jsut use febreeze, vaccume, and Microfiber towel the interior

Back