brake cleaner on rims?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
anyone know if a brake cleaner can mess up the clearcoat on my polished lips? i've been having trouble with the rivets and stuff, and i know tht brake cleaners work wonders..... but will it harm the rims?

Browntown

Reaction score
You could try ZEP Citrus Cleaner & Degreaser.... it's kinda like Simple Green.... just dilute with water....

Edit: can't you just go to Pepboys or Autozone and get some wheel/rim cleaner? that would probably be your best bet.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
nope, simple green didn't work at all..

actually last time I had hardcore brake dust on my wheels, and simple green didn't work, I was surprised at what did work...

409. no joke.

angelplus

Reaction score
Wildman said:
actually last time I had hardcore brake dust on my wheels, and simple green didn't work, I was surprised at what did work...

409. no joke.

whoah, I've never had problems with brake dust not comming off, but I use a degreaser in my dads garage... I forget the name but it cleans the wheel real nice, even if you do have stock alloys :)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
thanx for the help guys...

another question i have is...... what do u guys use to polish the polished lip? i heard u can't use the regular polishing compound cos it makes the lip look dull? well, mine's still shiny, but it never hurts to make them more bling rite?

blindside

Reaction score
hahaha lol@409... that thing works magic i was surprised hehehe
I don't really use anything on my polished lip before other than wheel wipes or sometimes just water and shampoo
You could try using one of those wheel spray cleaner

Back