sub-frame is bent... =(

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
hey wassup 6thgen lovers. first off i want to say that i'm a new member and stuff, but i have yet to post up pics of my ride. which i will do soon.

but till then. i have an important question (as do we all) about accords.

i have an omnipower full coilover setup. stiff and strong. but before that i was anxious to lower my car so i bought dropzone lowering springs (don't buy) for 90 dollars and i put those on with stock shocks. the outcome was a very BOUNCY ride. i'd hit bumps and dips at speeds i've should not have. like 2 to 4 mph. one day i remember hitting a dip super hard. but i drove fine...

i just got my car back from honda dealership today, they installed a new tranny and front right axle.
that's when the mechanic told me about the subframe...he was surprised i didn't notice a slight turn of the steering wheel to the right...and i told him i thought it was the torque steer.

he said no...my subframe was bent.
but he assured other than thought it ran fine...so later that day i was driving...and i noticed when i made sharp left turns. i would feel some sort of vibration under me. it would feel like it started from the wheels or axles and it would shake the floor of the car...

can anyone tell me what this is? it was never like this before. might it have to do with the new axle?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
if its the frame, theres little u can do.

my frame is all f'ed up from my accidents that now at 60mph, my steering wheel will shake quite violently.

gotta live with it, bro

BTW, Welcome Bro

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Torque Steer
lmfao.gif

Our car's don't have any torque. If your frame is bent, your kinda SOL. If it's minor, I'd say live with it.

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
you know how power is not distributed equally to both front wheels and one wheel moves more than the other...which causes the steering to turn a bit. that's what i meant by torque steer.

oh and no it's not really minor to me...if the subframe was bent before the installation it can't be that. it wasn't doing it before. i think it might be the axle...it's new but maybe it was bad. because the wheels and floor under me vibrate.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
You could actually put it on a frame jig and have it straightened but thats alot of money and depending on how bad it may not even be worth it. I think my friends civic was around $3,000 to stick on a jig and the only reason he done it was the $50,000+ he had invested in it already from all the custom work..but for you it's probably not even worth it

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Have you had your car since it was new? I just cannot fathom bending you subframe from that. I assume you have extremly large dents in your wheels as well as cracks. Sorry, but that just doesn't happen.

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
Have you had your car since it was new? I just cannot fathom bending you subframe from that. I assume you have extremly large dents in your wheels as well as cracks. Sorry, but that just doesn't happen.

well i was in an accident about 6 months ago. bumper cracked. steering knuckle was bent. and i guess that's where the subframe got bent too...

the poppin noise from turning left was the right axle. it is being replaced now.

Back