Taking off the Windguard on Sunroof

Shawn

Reaction score
This isn't a DIY because its very easy to do. But I was just wanting to know if I take it off I wont have any leaks or screw holes will I? Just some info I was wanting before I went ahead and did it.

dynasty

Reaction score
why would you want to take it off? if it rattles when driving thenyou should fix it. if it came with the windguard then it's recommended you keep it on. i don't think mine came with one though. but if you do take them off, make sure the rubber piece is lined up on the edge or else, yes, it will have leaks in them.

Shawn

Reaction score
well i've been looking through car domain and i've seen a couple cars on there that in the pic of when they first got the car its on there, but then in there later pics its gone. And in my opinion it looks better... But i was just wondering if there would be any leaks or screw holes....or something else?

Jeffro

Reaction score
I know aftermarket window ones are just glued on. We put some on some of my co-workers cars. As long as there is a complete seal, and my understanding is the guard is not supposed to interrupt that, so in theory, it shouldn't matter... Besides, where would the screw holes be? If you look at your roof there aren't any screws there to make a hole in the roof...

Back