FS: Stereo goodies!! Custom console pocket

lashlee

Reaction score
I've got a pocket that I modified a few years ago to house a single 6.5" coax. I used it as a center channel for movies, and tried it at a few SQ shows but it didn't work as well as I wanted for sound. It's amazing how much a judge can be influenced by looks!!!

I'm asking $30 plus shipping. Its been spray deadened on the inside with dynamat on the inside and out. It fills the hole at the front of the console quite well, and is painted flat black. I relocated my power port to the side of the console but it could be left hooked up inside the console.

30149260351_medium.jpg

30149260352_medium.jpg

If you want some bigger pics feel free to look at my cardomain page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3014926/7

lashlee

Reaction score
How about some stereo luv!!!

All you video guys need a center channel for movies, here is your chance!!

xmsleepr

Reaction score
hey man i got that trunk latch :) do you have a wiring diagram for it? lol im trying to put remote release on my LX and theres an extra wire on this which just threw me off...

lashlee

Reaction score
If I remember right, two of the wires will be the same in the plug and the third that is different is the one that activate the solenoid. You should be able to give it 12V to make it work.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
If I remember right, two of the wires will be the same in the plug and the third that is different is the one that activate the solenoid. You should be able to give it 12V to make it work.

thats the thing lol theres 5 wires in this harness and my car only has 2 wires and their not even the same color lol so of the 5 theres 2 for the trunk light signal and the other 3 are for the solenoid?

lashlee

Reaction score
It should just be one that activates the solenoid. Because of my trunk cover it's hard to get to my wiring, but if you find the wiring at the bulb, one should be ground and the other is activated by the trunk opening. Then I would get out a meter and see which wire had 12V at rest, which one is ground and track it down that way.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
so the solenoid has 3 wires are those the 3 you had tapped? is it like a relay kind of? has a constant power and ground and 3rd wire activates solenoid?

lashlee

Reaction score
The release also turns on the light, but you've got the gist of it. I'll see what I can find in my manuals once I get home tonight, since one has some of the wiring in it.

Back