Superior Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaccordian

Reaction score
On the accord store website I found this http://www.secureleadercom.com/exstore/default.asp?bodystyle=916&topdeptnumber=971&searchBit=3&dept=972&page=2

Supposedly this is a bolton Garret turbo that will add approximately %30 more hp or in my case 45 hp. If this turbo is legit, this would be perfect for me.tHE

$1799 price tag is attainable compared to the $3000+ for other turbos. the moddest gains would be ideal for me to keep it daily driven but to have a little

more fun when passing and merging. I dont need a $4000 dollar turbo pushin 20 psi that will eventually blow my motor. I think this would be the best

balance between performance and reliability. Because I dont think pushin 5-6 psi would be too much for or motors too handle. What do you guys think is

this legit or what? Also would their be problems turboing an auto?

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
This would satisfy me temporarily until I get a real fuel management unit. Like AEM EMS or Hondata and get a intercooler when I save up more money. I dont

need a crazy 300+ hp fully, built, sleeved, yadayada, etc 12 sec car. I just wanna run 5-6 psi on stock internals and since I drive an accord its sad but I

dream bout runninglow 15s high 14s. Basically im not gonna drag, I wanna keep it DD with a little more go.

angelplus

Reaction score
wouldn't get it. you can go ahead and spend 2700 ona full turbo kit somewhere else. I wouldn't buy from there. Too expensive.

And, no. you wouldn't be satisfied with that kit becuase its extrememly basic. but that isn't my choice now is it?

theaccordian

Reaction score
yeah. I agree, Id take NA 50 hp over Turbo 50 hp any day. But like I said im not looking to be a V8 killer any day soon, I just want the extra go for daily driving,

also i believe boosting over 8 psi is not good for our motors on stock internals, but Id keep it under that and with a good tune i think id be able to keep the

relaibility and keep it daily driven. Also about the price, I can do the normal thing and spend my money on basic boltons, I/H/E, pulleys, camgears, port and polish,

and vafc, which will total bought $1500+ and get a little 15 hp fart or I can save my money and turbo it. I would be satisfied with an extra 45-50 hp boost after

all I do drive an accord, it wont take much for me to be happy.

Last edited:

acrod99

Reaction score
I've got the Turbonetics FMAX kit on my f23-got it because it was a straight bol-on, but bolt-on doesn't mean there's no problems. i'm gonna run 8psi once it goes well, and i trust the f23. just my .02

angelplus

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
I've got the Turbonetics FMAX kit on my f23-got it because it was a straight bol-on, but bolt-on doesn't mean there's no problems. i'm gonna run 8psi once it goes well, and i trust the f23. just my .02

Looks good man. Let us know what numbers you're running. You need to make an entire new thread on the installation of your turbo and let all the N/A turbo freaks ask their questions about their future turbo kits ;)

acrod99

Reaction score
angelplus said:
Looks good man. Let us know what numbers you're running. You need to make an entire new thread on the installation of your turbo and let all the N/A turbo freaks ask their questions about their future turbo kits ;)
When i get some time ;) . For now, i figure about 225 whp with everything i have. :D

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i would avoid that kit. if you're looking for a quick fix go with nitrous.

they don't tell you anything specific in regards to parts in that turbo kit. you could end up with a grab-bag of whatever they have left over from other turbo kits. Biggest example: what size turbo? lol

acrod99

Reaction score
Wildman said:
they don't tell you anything specific in regards to parts in that turbo kit. you could end up with a grab-bag of whatever they have left over from other turbo kits. Biggest example: what size turbo? lol
Exactly! That's the main reason i passed on that kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back