Help making up my mind on springs.

Hush

Reaction score
i'd love to get the Tein SS-P with EDFC but thats way to much, so i'm going to just lower it on springs for now and save up for some koni yellows. But i need to know if any one has dropped their car on S techs. I want to know if its really bad with stock shocks, i will be on them for atlest a year before i can get new shocks. if its really bad on stock shocks i'll just get the H techs and get koni reds. the only way i can get S techs is if it rides almost like stock, i drive my family around alot and i don't want them to get pushed around. that is why i was thinking about H techs, my friend's corolla is on them and feels just like stock, but can coner a little better. he think about 40% better, and i know for S techs it would be round 60 to 70% better. thanks for any info you guys can give me.

klee

Reaction score
Hush said:
S-Techs will not ride like stock. That is about -1.7 front and -1.8 rear. You stock shocks depending on how much milage you have will fail allot sooner than you think.

Hush

Reaction score
how does the S techs ride though. if its really really stiff i'll just go with H techs. i want something in the middle, with good handling but still ride really nice.

ryon527

Reaction score
you should do the springs and the shocks at the same time so you only have to take it all apart one time

Hush

Reaction score
i don't have enough, i'm getting knoi yellows.... so i cant get it all at the same time.

klee

Reaction score
Hush said:
how does the S techs ride though. if its really really stiff i'll just go with H techs. i want something in the middle, with good handling but still ride really nice.

S-Techs are firm but not firm enough. If you plan to ride the family around, they might not like it.

Back