slammed...good or bad?

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
so...my car is slammed. about 3.5 inches for no wheel gap. =)

the people at honda said that i should raise my car up and lower it maybe 1.5 from stock. because having it slammed is causing stress on the rest of the components...and it time. the rest of the components in my suspenion will mess up. is this it that bad?
i mean. it won't be able to handle the stress over time...
you all know many people slam there hondas.
and i don't want to raise it.

people give your inputs on this.

Browntown

Reaction score
Well, if you use good components, then it'll hold out longer..... but, they're probably right.... especially with a 3.5 inch drop.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
only time i would drop it tht much is if i have bags.... most aftermarket suspensions performs best with a 1.5" to 2.25" drop.... anything more than tht will put more stress on the shocks and balljoints

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
yea i do have a camber kit.

but still people lower them all the time. i don't understand...

one of the balljoints (the rubber around them) tore and they said that was the lower side. in time it will happen to the other side...hmm...

this sucks

blindside

Reaction score
It does stress other suspension components such as balljoints, tie rod etc.

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
what if i put 17's on it and then lower it just a bit before closing a gap? i would only lower a couple inches since the bigger wheel would take up more space in the fender right?

Jeffro

Reaction score
Technically, larger wheels do not effect the overall diameter of the wheel... The larger the wheel, the thinner the side wall of the tire, and so the amount of space the wheel takes up technically is the same amount. This is also why you don't have to adjust your speedo when you change your wheels... If they had a different circumference, then your mph would be off...

With 3.5" drop, does your exhaust etc. ever leave the ground? That seems like an awful large drop for an Accord (but then again, I'm a fan of no more than 2" drop for me...)

Back