Anyone have a lower tie bar?

theaccordian

Reaction score
Anybody have one? anybody honestly feel any difference? or is just a useless metal bar?

I googled lower tie bars for accords and I found this.

racinglab_1918_157399662

Honda 98-02 Accord SPW Billet Lower Tie Bar (Rear Lower)

SPW Billet Lower Tie Bar. When you drive into a turn, your chassis flexes due to its size and weight. This prevents the suspension and steering from doing their job properly. With the addition of SPW chassis braces, the car is stiffened and responds to your steering more predictably. These come in highly polished, lightweight aluminum to give your car that performance look and feel.

Its only 35 bucks but seems more legit that those 1.99 Cf ones on ebay.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the cusco. Feels stiffer. I'd e-mail you a pic but its on my other comp that doesnt work right now.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'm crurios as well. I've noticed that after i put on springs my car seems to understeer more. I figure i'm not ready to invest in swaybars yet, i need to deal with other things-good tires especially. I figure anything that will stiffen the back up is a good thing. And the price of these, almost always under $50, seems like a deal as long as they do something positive.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I had one but I sold it.
The problem is that the exhaust hanger gets in the way and starts to hit against the tie rod making a clunking noise.
After markert exhausts shouldn't have that problem because the bends in the pipes are a little different and don't curve in as wide as the stock one does. Unless you have an aftermarket exhause that's bent the same way and uses the same hangers (Like Me)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Did it do anything though? I'm trying to find a rear sway bar from a tl/cl type s but so far my search has been fruitless. But that's going in first. Or i might suck it up and just get a rear tl comptec bar, i'd rather be cheap though. Anyway, if it does something, it seems like a deal for under $50. If it is just going to be a shinny piece of metal under my car, i'll skip it.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
It helps a little.
But if that's the only suspension mod you have, you won't notice it.

Click here to find someone to buy a TL sway bar from.
I had a good deal on one till the guy backed out

Back