Brakes are grinding. what should i do?

dynasty

Reaction score
is there anything i can do or should i just wait until monday to bring it to the shop? it's annoying. -_-

also, should i stop driving for a days until i get it fix or it'll be okay to drive one more day?

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
One more day is okay, just don't haul ***. Give yourself plenty of stopping room, and get those pads changed Monday.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
First off, are they grinding, or just squeeling?

If they're grinding, then you have a serious problem. Could be you have no pads left and the remaining metal part is grinding against the rotors.
If they're squeeling, could be brake dust build up.

If they are grinding, I wouldn't wait another day. get it checked out asap.
it might be hard now since it's about 9:30PM (EST) Out in the west it'll be 6:30PM. Not sure what time automotive places close out west on Sundays, or if they're even open

Jeffro

Reaction score
What he said... And if they're grinding, I wouldn't drive more than you have too...

dynasty

Reaction score
yea. found out my pads are out. but it's weird that my RIGHT one is gone but left was okay. but brought it to the shop today and got it fixed. 300 for front and back brakes. =)

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
yea. found out my pads are out. but it's weird that my RIGHT one is gone but left was okay. but brought it to the shop today and got it fixed. 300 for front and back brakes. =)

if pads on the left and right have that much of a difference, check the calipers on the one with the worn pads.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
sounds like the wear indicator to me, change your pads & be sure to bleed them afterwards..sounds like you have air in that one line which would explain the unproportional brakeing

talontsiawd

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
I don't have my manual around but are accords single piston floationg calipers? This could mean that your caliper isn't moving side to side. The bolts could be rusted. This is if you are talking about the right vs left pad.

Now if you are talking about your right left, it could obviously mean the same thing. Or a frozen piston. Do you notice any pull if this is the case? Under hard breaking it would pull to the right.

Back