I heard this from a shop..

Honda Importz01

Reaction score
I wanna lower my car 2.5'' or maybe a little more but i didnt have the money for the new struts. But i heard this from a speed shop saying that they lower imports all day long on stock struts and noone ever comes back saying there struts blew out. so do you think i can do a 2.5'' lowering spring on a honda stock strut?

6THGEN_AI4

More than 2" I really doubt but it depends how bad R your stock ones. Let see what other members think.

Hush

Reaction score
haha the shop is crazy, people lowering it more then 2"s will blow out shocks and might not know. snice the shop put in the springs the people might think that the blown shock was on the shop so they don't come back and buy shocks at another shop.

6THGEN_AI4

LOL>>>>>>>>>Not only the shocks other parts might be involve in the blow!!!!!!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I mean sure, people do that all the time. I know people who have done it. And there the same people who roll around on blown shocks for years. And they are the same people when they actually get new shock are totally amazed how there car feels afterwards. So sure you can, but it's not a good idea at all.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
haha, no it's only if you're laying body, 4 inchs is fine even with 22's trust me I work at a performance shop

theaccordian

Reaction score
honestly dont take one shops word for it. try... I dunno... researching it, google it, then once youve gathered enough info make your own decision.

Ill save you the time though, are stock shocks are designed specifically to dampen our stock springs with their stock sprong rates. Once you swap out stiffer springs, stock shocks wont be able to dampen them, wear out, then eventually blow out.

They probably told you that so they can score more money off you when you have to come back and get your shocks replaced.

Back