Strut Bar DIY

DnA

Reaction score
anyone have a DIY on how to install a strut bar. i tried by myself but couldnt. please let me know.

theaccordian

Reaction score
you have to remove the top shock nuts on one side, jack youre car up, so you seperate the car from the shock, place the strut bar bracket over the shock area, then lower youre car and adjust the bracket so it fits over the shock threads. once you get the bracekt wholes all lined up, lower your car, then tighten the nuts.

DnA

Reaction score
what are the shock threads? and do i do each side at a time?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
When I installed mine, I didn't have up the car.
I just removed the stock strut bars, installed the new one and put the stock ones over that one.

Here's Turbocaenne's

mesin.jpg

And here's mine

bn108zm.jpg

Last edited:

Crono139

Reaction score
You don't need to jack up the car.

It just has to be on a level surface.

theaccordian

Reaction score
the instructions for my neuspeed said to jack it up because it wont fit if you dont. Instructions said this puts a load on the bar at all times, which translates to better rigidity and weight transfer

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
the instructions for my neuspeed said to jack it up because it wont fit if you dont. Instructions said this puts a load on the bar at all times, which translates to better rigidity and weight transfer

That's what mine said as well.

- Just remembered, ours are 1 piece so that kinda adds to the level of difficulty.

theaccordian

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
That's what mine said as well.

- Just remembered, ours are 1 piece so that kinda adds to the level of difficulty.

but like i said the 1 piece design is a better design than ones with seperate brackets, so its worth it, it functions better

Back