DIY: Voltmeter

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
this was really easy, i just spliced the 2 wires for one of the gauge clust lights, and fuse tapped for the 12volt hook up for the reading.

VoltmeterWiring.jpg

the white wire and the black wire are for the light that lights up the volts gauge, thats why theyre just tapped into that cluster light, so that when i turn on my parking lights (at least) the gauge will light up like the rest of the dash.

i spliced both grounds into the ground wire, cuz im lazy, and well, its just a ground.

then i just ran the red power wire into the fuse pannel where i found a fuse that came on with the ignition, which i happened to pick my fuel pump.

end product (sweetness):
VoltGauge.jpg

okasu

Reaction score
oh so for the mean time your running handicap with one guage? lol get a patch you LAND PIRATE! HAHAHAHAH! So you thought I forgot about that one.

okasu

Reaction score
LOL I heard that you land pirates are some sick bastards... just read for yourself.

HAR!!!

champaned_out

Reaction score
bumping this thread cause i had a quick question
does the Dual Gauge Pod block any lights or anything?
im debating on getting a dual gauge pod or mounting my gauge on the A pillar

dynasty

Reaction score
what you mean by blocking any lights? but here's a picture of my volt gauge.

DSCF0039.JPG

dynasty

Reaction score
i just solder my wires into the cigerette lighter. so when i stick my key in and about to ignite, it'll turn on.

champaned_out

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
what you mean by blocking any lights? but here's a picture of my volt gauge.

DSCF0039.JPG

as in does the mounting locations of the gauge pod obstruct your view from any important part of the cluster?
but i see that you have your gauge under the radio...
how hard was it to mount it there? any speical parts required?

dynasty

Reaction score
well, there should be no reason why you should look at the volt gauges while driving. you can tell if your battery is about to die which your headlights will flicker. that's when you should start noticing the volt gauge. the main reason why i put it under there is because the double side tape doesn't work on the pillar. LOL. plus, i didn't want to make a hole for the screw. to where i mount it, i just took the original screw from the dash. which there's 2 screws under there. i just took one screw off and just added the pod to that screw. that's it! if you want a closer look, let me know so i can take a picture of it.

Back