Dinzdale40's 1990 Civic DX Hatch

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
I got a new car last winter to make it so i don't have to put so many mile on the s2000. I bought the car from the son of its first owner so this is the second time the car has ever really been "bought". The owners were guys I raced with but, OMG...their tolerance for maintenance must be way higher than mine....

So far i've replaced the rear view mirror with an rsx mirror i happened to have in my garage. I also replaced the steering wheel with a Nardi suede model. I just put new crappy tires on it. It has been a fun car. It has 215k miles on it and is still pulling down on the average 36mpg on every fill up.

I plan on slamming it and maybe swapping it for a B series....what ever is cheap...I kinda want it to be my perma daily driver

IMG_3196.jpg

meximan16

Reaction score
civics are always cheap to mod, keep us updated on the progress

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I would just leave it all stock since its in such good shape. Otherwise your sacraficing reliability, even if you do the swap. Its better to just have the orginal engine in place. Just my .02

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
the thing is....its drinking all its oil through the front and rear main seals...at a rate of about 2 qts a month

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
4spd? :naughtyrun:

if you dont want/need vtec, b18a1 engines are quite plentiful since people want the b18b1 for the ls/vtec headswap. and thinking about it, the b18b would be OBDII so the A would be pretty straightforward. 130-140hp out of the box wouldn't be bad for a 2000lb car :lawl:

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Is that mighty little EF Fuel Injected or Carburated?? (haven't heard of a DX model here)
If it's carbed I think you should do a Carbed B18A as Ryan suggested.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
pretty sure honda stopped with carbs with 1989 models...accords for sure, civic/crx SIs were fuel injected...

Back