DIY on CLutch removal and install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
yea i blew my stock clutch..my car wont even move anywhere ...thats how bad it is so i decided to get a stage 1 xtd clutch and flywheel...but umm where do i start...i think ill get as far as staking the wheels of and thats bout it lol...any help would be appreciated wit pics hopefully

talonted1990

Reaction score
Good luck on that one. I had mine done at the dealer because they have the tools to work with and I dont have anywhere to work. If it were a cable type system I might have done it myself.

talonted1990

Reaction score
vtec_accord99 said:
wat kind is it wat special tools?

It is a hydraulic system with master cylinder and slave cylinder along with the normal clutch disk, pressure plate, flywheel and release bearing. I dont have the tools for the axle nuts or the cradle for the engine and other special tools needed for tranny removal with the engine still in the car.

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
im going to a shop where they let u use there tools cost like 6dollars and hour...so hopefully i will a have SPEDDY! install

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
The process is pretty simple, just time consuming

remove battery (and tray) and intake
raise car and remove front wheels
remove drive axles
remove under splash shield
remove front cross member
Use a hydraulic jack and place under motor.
Remove passengerside motor mounts, loosen driverside motor mount
Use jack to lower tranny/motor assembly
Separate tranny from motor
replace clutch
assembly is reverse

It sounds straight foward, but there's a lot of loosening and removing bolts/nuts

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Make sure you have a decent amount of time. I don't know about accords but it's an 11 hour job for the dealer to do. Now that is standard, some do it faster, some are slower, you pay the same. But you have to drop the transfer case and driveshaft too unlike fwd. But i'd image you'll spend atleast 2-3 days on it, depending on your abilities. Also, make sure to machine your flywheel to specs, especially with an aftermarket clutch. You can use a digial caliper and see if it's needed. Also, if on jackstands, your back will hurt, your head will hurt, you will just hurt. A person is not meant to be in that small of a space for that long.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
vtec_accord99 said:
so talontsiawd....your saying i can do this on jack stands?
Yeah, make sure they are tall enough though. And it will be a pain in the ***, i won't lie, it will suck alot being on your back that long. You probably want the help of a friend as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back