FS: Accel Ignition Coil-NEW!-#11076

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
Like I said in an earlier thread, my tranny is going & I am selling all the parts that I had planned to install this summer.

THIS IS AN ACCEL IGNITION COIL. It was never installed, but I don't have the original package. It's part number #11076
Bought from The Velocity Shop.
Online it says it fits:

92-93 Acura Integra ALL
94-97 Acura Integra ALL
98-00 Acura Integra RS/LS/GS
90-91 Honda Accord ALL
98-00 Honda Accord DX 2.3L
92-00 Honda Civic ALL
97-00 Honda CR-V ALL
93-97 Honda Del Sol ALL

I was planning on putting it on my 98 Accord 4-cyl...till the tranny started to go....again

Bought for $59 plus $12 S&H (total was $71 from Velocity Shop). I will sell it for $35 with FREE SHIPPING.

I prefer PayPal, but I will do other payment methods IF YOU are a normal member on here that has a lot of posts & are well-known on here...otherwise, take your Nigerian Eskimo King's Bank Account scam somewhere else.

wiahc.jpg

33a81p4.jpg

mrekm.jpg

2s83ey0.jpg

Last edited:

9450erick

Reaction score
how does that thing work. is it like a spark plug wires or is this for a v6 coil package. i might be interested if its for a 4banger

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
It's for a 4 cyl. and it gives 20% higher ignition output over stock
... if you click on the link, it's #11 http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=DISTRIBUTOR+(HITACHI)

Basically, you just pull the old coil out of your distributor, it's underneath the cap & put this one in...on most cars its basically a few screws and a couple of wires...but I never did it on a Honda....does anyone have any feedback or a link for R&R it?

dekkeressex

Reaction score
Man, do i have a reply! 98 LX. yes i guess 11076 does fit DX. should be easy swap? not quite. finally found (after web, Summit racing, and O'reillys) that DX and ex/lx have diff. distributors for that year (98), so diff. dist. cap as well so does not fit right in.

1. have to bore out mounting holes of accel coil's heating plate (silver covering plate with sticker) to fit into housing inside distributor. you'll see when you take the screws out of original hitachi coil they will not just fit into accel holes.

2. so you got them drilled and you're about ready to go!, right? Nope. When you try to put distrib. cap back on it will not fit; will on the first two points but not the third one in back. So, i went bonkers and had to see where this thing was not fitting. Follow me all who wish more power: with a snips you can cut away the front of the cap so you can see inside: you can cut the rectangular 'short sides' part of cap (part facing you as you look at the engine) along both of the parallel horizontal lines of cap. So, you would have made two cuts, from right to left had you cut the cap as it sits on distributor. This will leave you with two cuts made: one above, one below (parallel) so that it now hinges, literally, like a door opening from right to left. So, you have just made a hinging door to see into your distributor. OK?

3. Now, you will see that the 'yellow tower' part of coil does not mate with receptacle part of cap, AND the tower part will run into part of the cap itself.
This part is preventing the cap from fitting over the coil!

4. I dremeled this part removing about 2/3 of the thickness of this area. Also, you may not have to, but I actually snipped out, I know so don't give me any s*^t, the small black 'wall' that separates the receptacle area from rest of cap. you may not have to because: when you have dremeled so the tower fits and you see that clearly it does not meet the recept. you can use a wire crimp to attach the the two springs (two because there is one in cap already and coil comes with one on it). so, effectively you are going over the 'wall' (if you leave it in) by stretching out springs enough and crimping together. if you do remove wall, surely electrical tape part of both springs and all of the crimp while you're at it. the yellow tower will cover part of spring not taped. i figure this might prevent arcing or interference, etc.

5. you can affix wires to coil however you can. i had to lengthen the orig wires then just stuffed them in holes and threw some screws in.

6. be sure to tape up cap where cut, and when you get a new cap you can just dremel same spot and no cuts.

7. it's just that simple and i hope i get some feedback cause this does work, coil starts car quicker, and i suffered a bit for it. go for it.

ultrasonic spark plugs tomorrow's mail, then nology hots

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back