Need Direct Port Zex Nos Install Pics For My F23...thanks

gpsychos

Reaction score
I Need Some Pics Of Anyones Ride Who Has Installed A Direct Port Nos Setup (preferably Zex #82030) To Help Me In My Install And To Get Some Ideas On Different Setups...
I Have A 98 Accord Sedan 4cyl Sohc Vtec F23a1

Im Going To Buy The Following:

(1) Zex Direct Port Nitrous Kit #82030 (the All Around Best-75 Shot Max For My App.) $610

(2) Zex Racers Tuning Kit #82001 (purge,heater,blow Down Kit And Bottle Pressure Gauge) $255

(3) Zex Machine Gun Purge Kit #82370-green (i Know Ill Have 2 Purge Kits But Its More Economical Like This) $94

(4) Zex Spark Plugs #82003-4 $25

$984 Total Price But Ill Have To Install It All Myself......

Trunk Mount For The Bottle Is Not On My Option List... It`ll Have To Be Mounted In The Passenger Compartment... Im Thinking About Mounting The Bottle In The Center Of My Vehicle In The Space Between The 2 Front Seats Just Forward Of The Rear Bench...any Other Ideas?

Thanks In Advance For Any And All Help....check Out My Ride On My Cardomain Site

angelplus

Reaction score
I dont believe anyone on here is running direct port. I'm just running a 75 wet shot through intake, and have been thinking about direct port for a long time. Just waiting for other mods, and for someone else to actually do this. Good luck with this. I'll be looking forward to seeing lots of pictures for this ;)

HandoEX

Reaction score
NOS is a brand. You are buying nitrous, not NOS if you go with Zex. I have a dry kit and am not too familiar with the direct port kits.

Two purges? How would that be more economical? Purging uses a TON of nitrous.

I don't see how you'd be able to mount a bottle on the interior unless you rip out the console. What do you mean by passenger compartment?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah I'm a bit confused about how you're trying to mount it too. If you're worried about being able to open/close the bottle, and are already spending $1k on nitrous (which starts to border whether its worth it at that point imo) then what's a bottle opener? lol

does that kit come w/ a plate?

gpsychos

Reaction score
HandoEX said:
NOS is a brand. You are buying nitrous, not NOS if you go with Zex. I have a dry kit and am not too familiar with the direct port kits.

Two purges? How would that be more economical? Purging uses a TON of nitrous.

I don't see how you'd be able to mount a bottle on the interior unless you rip out the console. What do you mean by passenger compartment?

;) WHEN YOU SAY "NOS" EVERYONE AUTOMATICALLY THINKS OF NITROUS OXIDE... WHEN YOU SAY ZEX HALF OF EVERYBODY SAYS WHATS THAT?... HENCE THE "NOS" REFERENCE INSTEAD OF WRITING OUT N-I-T-R-O-U-S O-X-I-D-E

TWO PURGES EXPLAINED: IM NOT USING BOTH PURGES - IM ONLY USING THE MACHINE GUN PURGE KIT BUT ILL HAVE AN EXTRA PURGE KIT LEFT OVER CAUSE ITS MORE "ECONOMICAL" TO BUY THE "RACERS TUNING KIT" THEN TO BUY THE BOTTLE HEATER - THE BOTTLE BLOW DOWN KIT AND THE BOTTLE PRESSURE GAUGE SEPARATELY

THE "NITROUS" BOTTLE WILL STAND UPRIGHT JUST BEHIND THE CENTER CONSOLE ON THE RAISED PART IN THE CENTER OF THE REAR PASSENGERS FLOORBOARD....THE LINES WILL BE RUN THRU A HOLE IN THE REAR FLOOR PAN AND ATTACHED TO THE UNDERCARRIAGE OF THE VEHICLE... THE SPACE IS JUST BIG ENOUGH FOR THE BOTTLE TO SIT COMFORTABLY

Attachments

• ZEX CUBBY HOLE #1.jpg
    ZEX CUBBY HOLE #1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

gpsychos

Reaction score
Wildman said:
yeah I'm a bit confused about how you're trying to mount it too. If you're worried about being able to open/close the bottle, and are already spending $1k on nitrous (which starts to border whether its worth it at that point imo) then what's a bottle opener? lol

does that kit come w/ a plate?

AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PIC ABOVE I WONT NEED A REMOTE BOTTLE OPENER CAUSE ITLL BE EASILY ACCESSIBLE FROM THE DRIVERS SEAT ;)... THE KIT IS WELL WORTH IT SINCE ITS A THIRD OF THE PRICE OF A GOOD TURBO KIT,PRODUCES JUST AS MUCH POWER FOR A (MOSTLY) STOCK ENGINE AND WHEN NOT IN USE IT WONT SUCK UP ANY EXTRA GAS UNLIKE A TURBO

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First - lose the caps

2nd - If you've looked at the directions or know anything about mounting the bottles, do NOT mount it upright. If you can't put it in the trunk, lay it down behind the pass. or driver's seat.

Not to be a dick buuuut - Have you read the directions yet? For a direct port kit you'll have to drill and tap 4 holes in the intake manifold. I'm sure ZEX has a preference on where/how they should be placed for best operation. You'll probably wanna remove the intake manifold to drill the holes, unless you have a really good back or like metal shavings on your pistons.

Good Luck

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah make sure you're not getting in over your head before you start this. otherwise just get a dry or wet shot - for a 75 shot you'll be fine with either of those.

gpsychos

Reaction score
Direct Port Only... Upright Zex Bottle Is Fine... Yes Ive Read The Directions And Have Them On Pdf... Ive Done All My Own Work And Will Continue Too Even If It Seems "over My Head" (which Nothing To Date Has Been) If You Dont Like My Caps Then Youre Way Too Sensitve

Pics? Anyone?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
wasn't trying to call you a noob, i was just saying that if you were worried about the install there are easier alternatives is all.

and I don't think you'll have any luck with pictures unfortunately

Back