rust inside the engine bay

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
alright guys i got this small rust problem inside the engine bay. by the battery tray on the actual chassis itself there is a bit of rust. it's been there for a while but it's starting to annoy me. you guys think i might be able to patch it up myself? i was thinking getting some CLR and cleaning it off, then sanding it down with some sand paper, and CLR again, finally using Rust-Oleum white gloss paint to spray it down. nothing fancy, just something to prevent the rust and to cover it up.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Eh depends on how bad the surface rust is..either way it needs to be completely removed otherwise patching/painting the area is completely pointless

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
well i mean, it's the surface. some of the paint chipped off, i don't think it's cancerous. i haven't washed it off with CLR and sand paper to see how deep it is. the metal is basically black on the top, the bottom is fine from the underside of the car. but like i said, it's only a small area around where the stock airbox would be and the left side of the battery tray area.

6THGEN_AI4

shavedaccord said:
is it surface or cancerous?

I saw it at the meet and its not that bad you should apply CLR, sand it and spray some antioxidant paint (you can get at Disc. auto Parts)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'd just hit it with a wire brush on a dremal if its just a small amount of surface rust. Then paint. Especially if it's not in a very visiable area.

Back