2" Header to Muffler Exsaust

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
Just picked up my car from Minute Muffler with a custom exhaust. I'm sure most of you Canadian guys might have one near you. Nothing special, 2" all the way back now.
Tom Motorsports 4 - 2 - 1 SS Header
DSCN3882.jpg

New OEM Replacment Cat
2" Custom Piping w/ "Mini Sweet Talker" Resonator
Apexi WS II Muffler

DSCN3930-1.jpg

DSCN3934.jpg

First of all, Minute Muffler says they make these "Mini Sweet Talker" resonators themselves. Is that true or are they some generic thing from japan that they put their name on? Its nice and small. I gained 2" of ground clearance. The routed the pipe exactly as I asked them to. They flanged the Cat outlet connection. Other shops insisted on welding it.

Either way, it sounds very good. Nice and throaty at low rpms. Crisp start up with no drone. With the Apexi WS II muffler its nice and quiet at the high rpms. No annoying highway drone.

As for performance gains/loss, I haven't noticed anything drastic. I swear it pulls better around 3.5k, but maybe its in my head.

Muffler $120 IIRC
Custom Piping w/Resonator $225 (cash deal so no tax :deal:)
Total for this setup was $345 CND ($320 USD)

Love it.

Thanks to CV Joint for the Muffler.

Last edited:

jcast.01

Reaction score
2in all the way back isnt it more common to do 2.5?and also howd u get ground clearance im gnna have to do that becus im just about to be slammed

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
didnt want to lose any/much low end torque, not that we have any to begin with.

stock was 1.75 to the res and 1.75 oval pipe to the muffler.

with the huge OEM chambered res out there is lots of room to tuck the exhaust piping up for more clearance.

jcast.01

Reaction score
Cool thanx. I think ill do that soon too then.so with bigger piping=loss in low end trq.

jcast.01

Reaction score
Coool thanx for the info itll come in handy soon.im not looking for major differences in performance ino its next to none.i just want it to sound as nice as possible

Back