DIY Manual Shift Boot Conversion on Auto

robbyx_209

Reaction score
thanks for the DIY... just waiting on my OEM boot and MOMO shifter to come in so i can try it out...

Av6916

Reaction score
i'm doing this, i bought a gsr boot from acura already and i'm just waiting for my autotechnic knob to arrive :).

justvtec

Reaction score
wow that is awsome to do in a kind of weird way!

retroshark

Reaction score
i did it but no boot or manual style shift knob. just got a generic auto knob but n metal not leather and shortened the shifter arm to accomodate the knob and make it cleaner. im opposed to shift boots on autos since it looks like your a wannabe stick driver.

anywaysw, heres what i did:

before paint:

100_0776%20copy.jpg

after paint:

100_0846%20copy.jpg

Twobit

Reaction score
Av6916 said:
i'm doing this, i bought a gsr boot from acura already and i'm just waiting for my autotechnic knob to arrive :).

when you do it take some pictures.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
retroshark said:
im opposed to shift boots on autos since it looks like your a wannabe stick driver.

I AM! haha, i cant wait till my auto blows up and i do a manny swap, haha. actually, i hope my auto doesnt blow up, cuz that would be too much of a headache right now. i love my car the way it is, haha, but itd be better manual.

Slowtime

Reaction score
so pretty much any shift knob from a MT can fit on a AT shifter? I wanna get another shift knob for my AT, only problem is that the cool lookin knobs are all AT.

Back