Removing Pin-striping on 99 accord sedan

heathan

Reaction score
I used a razor on it's SIDE to scrape off the paper part of the stripes and then I just rubbed like hell on the rest of the gooey stuff til it was all gone. It's a time consuming job but it's worth the effort to be removed from the other army of honda accords out there. That goo gone stuff probably would have saved me alot of time though. You coiuld use a credit card instead of a razor if you're afraid of scratching the paint. Just take your time.

jwl03

Reaction score
me and my roommate just waited for a 90 degree day. We just peeled it off carefully using our fingernails, and used adhesive remover from walmart to get the goo off.

The next day (which was also a 90 degree day), I used dental floss and shaved the emblems off the trunk.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
jwl03 said:
The next day (which was also a 90 degree day), I used dental floss and shaved the emblems off the trunk.

^^Never heard of that, but I guess it worked. Thats a good idea.

Slowtime

Reaction score
so the accord emblem and model number u can just remove. no holes after? also can u take off the "H"in the front?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Slowtime said:
so the accord emblem and model number u can just remove. no holes after? also can u take off the "H"in the front?

yea for the rear emblems, except the H, itll leave holes. the front one comes off if you have a sedan, but leaves a indent where the whole thing used to be. i took mine off, but i have a future plan for something. and i would say the safest easiest way would be to use a hairdryer, your finger, a hot day, and goo-gone. all those combined would be perfect. i owuldnt suggest the razor way, thats a bit risky for even me, haha.

Dallas

Reaction score
i used to change oil at a honda dealership

when mechanics wanted to take off the pinstriping, they used this rubber attachment for an air drill or 1/4 inch side grinder and it would just rub off the pinstriping, but if you stay at one spot for too long it can burn the clear coat

Dallas

Reaction score
found it on google

Eraser Rubber Wheel from Snap-On
36113.JPG

Another One

the one i used did not have the flaps, but these are better because it is alot harder to burn the clear coat.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
nice, i might have to get one. my friend gets a hookup from snapon. i wanna save my fingers haha.

Back