Shaved Doors and Trunk?

Quinchu

Reaction score
ok, just wanted to know how to go about this, I wanted to shave my door handles, and also add a shaved trunk, could anyone post up what I'd need and a quick estimate on how much it would run me to do both?

Plus I wanted to know a little about shaved doors, questions like, what if you lose your remote, do you have a second like "fail-safe switch" to allow ya into the car?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Shaved trunk = $700+ (depending on if it's a sedan or coupe)
Shaved Handles = $800+ (depending on how many doors)

Shaved handle kit $300+ upwards of $1,000 depending on how many channels and door you want to do. Wouldn't use anything other than AutoLoc for a kit

as for a fail safe I have a 12volt system and a hidden cable pull for the drivers door

now i'm kind of low balling the prices just a bit so you'll have any idea but don't be surprised if you pay more..really depends on the shop and your paint.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Quinchu said:
ok, just wanted to know how to go about this, I wanted to shave my door handles, and also add a shaved trunk, could anyone post up what I'd need and a quick estimate on how much it would run me to do both?

Plus I wanted to know a little about shaved doors, questions like, what if you lose your remote, do you have a second like "fail-safe switch" to allow ya into the car?

Never put the work into this, but I would say that if you were set into having a "fail-safe" incase you list your remote, it wouldn't be hard to wire one up wherever you wanted one. The design of the release is like an electric trunk, so making a hard-wired button wouldn't be hard, but it would reduce the safety of the vehicle, too.

I wouldn't think needing it would be a priority on a "fail-safe", but I'm saying it could be done no prob. The rest of the work to make fully-functional shaved doors is beyond me though :D ShavedAccord should be the man, though on the rest! :eek:

And Shaved beat my reply :)

Quinchu

Reaction score
Any resources I could check out, and also you mentioned "channels", sorry for being a total newb but whats a channel used for in a kit like that?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
ok for example...

shaved handle kits come with a "computer" it's a controller for the remote..just like your alarm system has. Depending on how many doors you want to pop using the remote is how many channels your going to need. So say you have a 4 door car like me, all 4 handles shaved and you want to pop all 4 doors VIA a remote you would need atleast 4 channels since each door solenoid operates on a seperate channel. Now if you wanted to get a bit wild and pop all doors, roll down/up all windows, pop trunk etc.. you would need a channel for each function;

roll down drivers window
roll up drivers window
roll down passenger window
roll up passenger window
pop driver front door
pop driver rear door
pop passenger front door
pop passenger rear door
pop trunk
open sunroof
close sunroof
half open sun roof
lock doors
unlock doors
-------------------------
14 seperate functions therefore 14 channels would be needed.

The more channels you get into the more wiring and relays needs and it can get very expensive. I had the 18 channel system from AutpLoc awesome system, **** loads of wiring..but it done everything from windows to trunk..I have the 4 channel system now..lock/unlock doors, pop driver and passnger door. My rear handles are shaved but since it's kind of pointless to pop the rear when you can pop the fronts

talonted1990

Reaction score
Back when I worked at Krazy Kreations Fabrications we installed magnet swipe switches on the rear windows of the trucks, totally hidden from view, so if you lost your remote you could use a magnet to activate the switch to get into the truck.

Quinchu

Reaction score
So, in getting one done.. you have to buy the kit, with how ever many channels you want (I'll only need 4 channels) so kit about $300, and then I'm confused about the exterior door handles, you have to take it to a bodyshop and get removed, fiberglassed, and then painted again right?

Or do you buy a custom door with it already done to it?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Take it a body shop..they will remove the outter handles, cut metal filler plates weld them into place then do the appropiate body work..then you will need to have the door repainted.

Quinchu

Reaction score
Dang, that would cost ya quite a bit of money o.o;

Still lookin' into it though. And you said you'd only get a AutoLoc for a kit?

Back