ROTM - Ride of the Month

Read the post, then vote.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
This has been discussed over the last few weeks among the mods and want to get everyone's input on it.

Few things: So far it looks to be a bi-monthly thing, and we will try and make it so everyone has a chance by having a few different themes/categories for each ROTM such as best performance, best budget (<$xxxx amount of money invested), etc etc.

Main thing we're stuck on is trying to decide how to handle nominations & voting for the final car. There will also be requirements to be nominated based on post count and/or months registered, and users with negative reputation will not be eligible.

What I'm getting to, is darkside made a good point about things turning into a popularity contest. So it boils down to these options

A-Members nominate users, mods trim nominees down to ~3 cars to vote on, users vote for ROTM
B-Members nominate users, mods choose ROTM
C-Mods nominate members for ROTM, members choose ROTM.
D-Mods pick ROTM from w/o any member input.

The whole point of doing themes is to get around the fact that there aren't 100,000 people on this site. Problem with deciding the how the actual process goes is trying to balance politics/popularity among members and also we don't want people to think we're playing favorites, although with 5 pretty divers moderators/admins I don't think anyone has to worry about that.

Vote. Discuss.

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
C For me

I think its a great idea :) lol We can really see what our cars our in other peoples eyes?

Last edited:

Jeffro

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
I vote C. Let the mods choose candidates and then let the members vote. That seems fair.

I agree 100%... Besides, that should keep the odds of having "favorites" down. I think C, but if something should arise, Mods might consider recommendations from members through PM, if someone really popped up, but I think it would be awfully sloppy for members just to nominate every month. +1 for "C"

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i picked A cuz i like that method the best. it actuallly gets the users involved and its almost as if they run the thing, and its just overlooked by the mods/admins. i like that cuz then its really the other users picks, and not so much a "itll be these guys, so decide" type of thing. to me, it gives more of a community involvement feel.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
One more thing. How would we showcase the ROTM? Would you just sticky their car's thread in the Member's Rides Section?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^front page :D but we need to create one first.. i dunno which option to choose... so many! i'll let u guys choose lol :p

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I really think a few of those are good choices... this should be fun to see if it works out :D How many nominees does a person have to get to qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back