Tips to save gas

dynasty

Reaction score
Well, i've done some research and came up with some solutions. Of course, correct me if i'm wrong because i make mistakes just like everyone else. You guys can also add some stuff if you want. I'm sure some of these stuff you might know but some don't so i'm here to help. :eek: But here we go.

-Don't race! Duhh!
-Drive under 2,500 rpm. 3,000 rpm would be my max. This only affects for automatic transmission only. Some cars may vary due to gear ratios.
-Unleaded gas only. Super or Premium wouldn't help that much.
-Change oil with good brand+oil filter.
-Add fuel injector to the gas tank.
-Cruise control is your best buddy.
-Finally! Go to http://money.cnn.com/data/commodities/index.html and check if the price will go up or down. Look under Unleaded Gas and check for the color red. Red means the gas prices is going down.

Quick tip.
-The hotter the engine is, the more you save gas.
Cold air=More hp=Use lots of gas.
Hot air=Less hp=Save gas

theaccordian

Reaction score
keep your tires properly inflated.

turn off your ac.

dont drive around with all windows dwon, creates drag.

dont make friends with fat people.

theaccordian

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
So, if I can't use the A/C and I can't roll my windows down, what am I to do in these hot southern summers?

invest in one of these

187269sdc.jpg

dynasty

Reaction score
LOL!

i recommend rolling down the windows more than the A/C if i had an option between those 2. fat people does make a difference unfortunately. not to be mean but true.

theaccordian

Reaction score
mind you rolling down windows would only have a negative effect at highway speeds.

hiperb0y

Reaction score
I got a question.. since supposedly a cat-back would cause you to lose low end torque wouldnt that effect the gas usage during 2000-3000 rpm?

dynasty

Reaction score
well, of course modifying to increase hp will lose extra gas. it's just common sense. but since you have a cat-back, the ratio would be different. i'm not sure how much difference it is since i don't have a cat-back. i don't want to say something that i don't even know so i'm sure other members could explain to ya.

Jeffro

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
So, if I can't use the A/C and I can't roll my windows down, what am I to do in these hot southern summers?

Move to Ohio...

Back