Morimoto Retrofit project

blackcord

Reaction score
This is my Mini Morimoto H1 retrofit project. I used some aftermarket Eagle Eye Brand OEM style headlights because I wanted to save my OEMs if/when I want to go back to stock and I also wanted to have the headlights look like brand spanking new when I was done. This is not a full DIY because I did not take pictures of all the steps involved. Hope you enjoy! :canada:

img0457l.jpg
:wub:

I wanted a different look from a normal projector HID retrofit so I decided to retrofit some mid-90s Nissan Maxima corner defuser lights, I got the idea after seeing Sakura’s sick headlights. Also I would not even have attempted this if it wasn’t for the other Morimoto retrofits by shavedaccord etc. Thanks! :haysm9:

The projectors were a really tight fit and they actually touch the outer lens, but it does not affect anything. I can still use the alignment tabs at the back of the headlights and the best part about these projectors, is the fact that you do not need to cut or mangle the back of your headlights. You just slip the projector thru the front and lock it in using the supplied nut.

These are the donor Nissan Maxima corners that I cut and transplanted. I picked these up from the junk yard.

img0394ib.jpg

I used some of those rubber thingy that people put around their wheel wells to protect the paint from dings. These help give the corners a "finished" look and hides the imperfections.
img0377h.jpg

img0373t.jpg

img0380nn.jpg

Installed on my car.

img1445m.jpg

img1447b.jpg

img1494g.jpg

If you have any question, comments or criticisms, please post them here. :peace:

Kel

Last edited:

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Re: Morimoto Retrofit experience

sexy, i love those cause they don't look messy like the ones i've seen retro fitted. cutting the back housing and it's all jagged and stuff. this looks way cleaner and flush.

EDIT: yellow high beams will definitely set it off.

acedomain

Reaction score

nice...i didnt know about the maxima corners whats the deal with that does it just make it look better ....can you get a better side shot of them on

like this maybe with them on

Last edited:

blackcord

Reaction score

sexy, i love those cause they don't look messy like the ones i've seen retro fitted. cutting the back housing and it's all jagged and stuff. this looks way cleaner and flush.

EDIT: yellow high beams will definitely set it off.

Thanks. Actually I was thinking about that. Or at least yellow bulbs.

nice...i didnt know about the maxima corners whats the deal with that does it just make it look better ....can you get a better side shot of them on

like this maybe with them on

No big deal with those. Just wanted something unique looking and a true one-of-a-kind and it now has a kinda jdm Integra look. And actually it helps defuse the park light and signals better now. I'll take a side pic with the corners on when I get a chance.

those look great dude :D

total cost of everything?

Thanks. Let see.
Im in Canada so prices in Canadian dollar which is close to par with the US right now.
TRS Morimoto H1 Stage III - $300 + $30 for shipping BTW They dropped the price now to $275USD plus shipping
Eagle Eye OEM Style aftermarket headlights - $150.
Junk yard Maxima Corners - $25
Paint and Misc - $15

Looks really good (and familiar) :lawl:

Thanks bro. :)

The only thing that I dont like was the gaps. :furious:
Those aftermarket lights never fit as good as OEM. You cannot really see it from a distance, but it is evident close up.

Last edited:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score

The trimming around the bottom of the projector looks great... good job!!

Back