Handsfree BT Install Advice

bex

Reaction score
Just got a Panasonic CQ-C8303U headunit to replace the OEM unit and the optional CY-BT100U bluetooth handsfree adapter.

h133C8303-f_mt.jpg

h133BT100-f_mt.jpg

I dont want the push to talk switch to be a plain old adhesive switch that can become undone later on and be another wire dangling in the cockpit. I want a clean install option.

Can anyone provide some advice on going the way of using one of the dashboard blanks to hardwire the push to talk switch into? Sort of like this guy on V6P forums with his HID wiring, hate to jack his pic but, its an awesome setup.

12747DSC02248.jpg

Much thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Jeffro

Reaction score
It wouldn't be hard... Most of those switches are merely input/output, so all you should have to do is connect it as such. I don't know what wires our talking on the switch you have, so it's hard to give a complete example, but you probably have either 2 or 3 wires going to the current switch? If it's 2, then you just need to hook 1 wire to the input on the blank, and one to the output. Technically speaking, it wouldn't even matter which was which for most switches, because it just breaks the circuit as the "off". If it's three wires, odds are one is a ground, one is a (+) and one is an output to the accessory, so connect accordingly. Wouldn't be that difficult I would think ;)

P.S. If it has a whole schlew of wires, you're on your own :rolleyes:

Just playin', but I would need to know more exactly what I'm looking at wire wise, otherwise, you ARE on your own (just use a test kit and you'll get 'er done!)

Last edited:

ryon527

Reaction score
12747DSC02248.jpg

does anyone have a link to those switches or a parts number? I understand that he put the labels on and changed the colors. I want to buy one for my ccfl. thanks

Jeffro

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
12747DSC02248.jpg

does anyone have a link to those switches or a parts number? I understand that he put the labels on and changed the colors. I want to buy one for my ccfl. thanks

They look just like fog/light switches. I'm guessing that just about any Honda around this generation will have some that fit, too. Check out your local scrap yards and see what they've got. Otherwise, for something like a switch, E-ghey might have something worth-while.

bex

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Jeffro, I'm goin by my local Honda dealer to inquire about thier blanks and then just splice the wires from the handsfree switch to see how many are inside, if its more than three i'll just connect them back, lol.

If its only two or three, then I'll try to connect them on the inside of the blank switch ot make a decent ON/OFF for the handsfree.

I'll keep the post alive when I make the install. Work has me busy for the next four days unfortunately though!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
That's cool yours has a seperate switch, do it how you plan to, don't ask me how though. But if you want i clean place that you don't have to go to that trouble, the sunglass holder is perfect. I need to move mine up there at some point.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
those switches are easy to get to, they pop out and you can get at the backside by just pulling the fuse panel cover on the driver's side.

the pioneer thing should just be a simple relay switch. although you'd have to strip the wire that goes to the panasonic to get at the 3 wires it looks, so its up to you if you want to tear it apart.

i used the same location for my rocker switch to arm my nitrous when i had it, and the purge/spray buttons I mounted in the coin tray below the lip so you couldn't see them unless you knew to look for them

nx1.JPG

Last edited:

Jeffro

Reaction score
Wildman said:
those switches are easy to get to, they pop out and you can get at the backside by just pulling the fuse panel cover on the driver's side.

the pioneer thing should just be a simple relay switch. although you'd have to strip the wire that goes to the panasonic to get at the 3 wires it looks, so its up to you if you want to tear it apart.

i used the same location for my rocker switch to arm my nitrous when i had it, and the purge/spray buttons I mounted in the coin tray below the lip so you couldn't see them unless you knew to look for them

That looks good... And I'm jealous you have a moon-roof. I still like the concept of getting another oem button to go there, though. What is that spare slot for, anyway? Does anyone have an edition that has the button there? Is it like, fog lights or something? :confused:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah i'd assume fog lights, as that is the only thing that wasn't included with ex's (which is what I have) that would have a need for a button there

Back