ED 6000s V.2

Virtuosity0021

Reaction score
Does anyone have these? What appeals to me most about these is that it has the ability to be both coaxial and component mounts.

Also, what would you guys think of those for door speakers, then some other 3rd party for the rear?

Scott P

Reaction score
it is my understanding that these aren't shipping just yet, in fact if i recall they are hoping to have them shipping by the end of the year. Nonetheless I have the 6500's in my car and I must admit I was really impressed with them. I have been working in car audio for nearly 10 years now and at the price of the 6500's there isn't anything i know of that competes. Personally I left out any rear speakers. I just run the 6500's up front with a ton of power and a pair of 11'kv.2's for the substage and it sounds perfect.

Virtuosity0021

Reaction score
Ok, So, when they do start shipping, would you recommend purchasing these? Do you know if ED has any return policy?

Also, If I got these, 2 6" x 9" speakers for the rear, what amp (from ED, because of the discount) would you recommend getting? Also, I guess account for for subs to be added later to the amp, If I wish to. So uh, overall, 4 speakers and maybe...a 10" amp? Maybe 11"...wouldn't know RMS or Wattage yet.

Thanks, and please excuse my noob-ness:)

Scott P

Reaction score
heh it's ok. I guess the first place to start is what year and body style do you have. this makes a slight difference in how you ought to approch it. Also what are you looking to accomplish with this stereo?

Virtuosity0021

Reaction score
I have a '98 Accord EX, 4cyl. Also, I'm kind of an audio freak, and enjoy good quality...so basically good quality music.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i think he was hoping to figure out if you had a coupe or sedan too, that will help a bit.

if the nine.5 amp is shipping by the time the 6000v2's are shipping, I would get that. It's always nice to have a little headroom with amps.

Otherwise, the nine.2 will power those just fine, or you can get a nine.4 and use 2 channels for the front and bridge the other two for a sub.

as for the rears, here's my $.02

Wildman said:
also I would say just skip upgrading your 6x9's, I wish I would have. I only care about them when I'm listening to talk radio or something and just want more output w/ the windows down on the freeway, and at that point sq is completely irrelevant. at moderate levels you'll really appreciate a front stage once you get used to it, and at higher levels if your sub is doing anywhere near 130db's, which isn't really that much, then it will begin to distort your rear 6x9's anyways because they run IB and the sub will be putting air pressure on them.

my comment about the rears distorting under air pressure is from personal experience, its definitely noticeable on my setup if I try and fade back from the front at all if the sub is pounding away.

utee05

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, but I have some experience the ED products. I just recently bought some edi6500s and I needed a 3/4" mdf spacer to fit them in the stock location. You may need to do the same for those 6000v2s if you plan on putting them in the stock location. I have nothing but good things to say about my 6500s, they are awesome and I am running them bridged off of my mtx thunder564 amp. I agree with Wildman to not worry about upgrading the 6x9s, or just ditching them altogether.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
^^ wow looks like you're right, I just checked and somehow the 6000's have a deeper mounting depth (only by .07 inches) than the 6500's, guess its because of the new mounting option.

Spyder

Reaction score
I had the v1 6000s and they were nice. The tweet was a little harsh and I wasn't feeding them enough power either. I would spring for the extra $$$ and get the 6500s. I'm no longer holding my breath for the 9.5 after talking with some of the staff. So if you have no sub I say go for the 9.4 if you leave a set of 6x9s in the rear. Honestly I'd ditch the rear fill unless you always have people in your car and just get the 9.2.

Virtuosity0021

Reaction score
I'm trying to plan for at least 1 sub, the 2 fronts (with a tweeter) and having the rears in (i have friends who will be riding back there).

Back