iDriftYou's E39 528i DD

iDriftYou

Reaction score
Well since the Supra is out of business for a little while, I needed a reliable Daily Driver. I was looking a AV6's but then I saw this beauty. A 1998 E39 528i in prestine condition. One owner car. I have a fetish/ soft spot for BMW's. So I went for it, I'll be picking her up tomorrow.

Options:
- Everything is Power, I mean everything
- Driver Memory
- Harmon Kardon Sound System w/ 6 disk
- Leather
- Dual Zone climate control
- Stability control with traction control

And the best thing, only 112k miles.

Pics:

e394.jpg

e393.jpg

e392.jpg

e391.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You guys seriously need to lay off this dudes ***. Nice car btw, I would have opted for the v8 but you have a nice cruiser

dvilla5506

Reaction score
like the beamer want one but dont like the maintenance and kinda agree with hondaluver some are more fortunate than others so just let it be

iDriftYou

Reaction score
You guys seriously need to lay off this dudes ***. Nice car btw, I would have opted for the v8 but you have a nice cruiser

BMW V8's just ask for trouble haha. One of the most unreliable POS's ever. Plus gas mileage is down in the low teens for the V8's. The 2.8 straight six has plenty of power for around town and on the highway. I don't need it to be scary fast, just powerful enough to pass on the highway etc. This car is going to remain stock, all my money is going into my supra.

iDriftYou

Reaction score
like the beamer want one but dont like the maintenance and kinda agree with hondaluver some are more fortunate than others so just let it be

Ehh maintenance isn't too bad. Cooling systems every 80k miles and thats about it. Oil changes every 10k miles. Diff / tranny fluid every 80k. I've worked on my dads car before. Straight six's are one of the easiest motors to work on.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Actually I have to disagree the small 4L v8's are quiet reliable and get 26mpg on the freeway. Packing almost 300hp/torque. Only problems with those are thermostat and radiator problems. The 2.8 straight six is nice too but a little underpowered. I test drove a 530 m package and 540 m package 6 speed but ended up buying a 2004 is300 instead lol.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Actually I have to disagree the small 4L v8's are quiet reliable and get 26mpg on the freeway. Packing almost 300hp/torque. Only problems with those are thermostat and radiator problems. The 2.8 straight six is nice too but a little underpowered. I test drove a 530 m package and 540 m package 6 speed but ended up buying a 2004 is300 instead lol.

The M62 540's were nowhere near as reliable as the 530/528's, and the 540's also get high teens to low 20's as far as MPG goes.

My mom's BF has a 02 530iA that has 230k on it and he has had no issues with it beside normal wear items. The car looks brand new.

Last edited:
Back