03 key conversion

minituck04

Reaction score
is there anyway to swap them over. cuz id really like to have the key and remote all in one like the lexus keys. having something like the vw keys would be sweet too. like flip out style. i know the keys are cut diff inner cut vs outer cut. or if i could find an aftermarket alarm that i could use. much rather keep oem stuff though. any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks in advance

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never seen an 03 key, it'd have to be the right length in order to fit. I also doubt honda would cut an 03 key for your 98-02

Jeffro

Reaction score
I haven't seen an '03 key either, but I highly doubt it would work anyway. There are so many little things that are probably different, like where the grooves are located initially and the programming... :)

minituck04

Reaction score
there is alot you have to do. you have to hack up both keys to make one. i just wanted to know if it were possible to make the transmitter work with our alarms since im not really a guru in that dept. theyve done it with an rsx/tsx to accord keys heres the link. looks ****in sick as hell. and i want one. ive looked around for alarms that have keys made for our cars that have the key and for together. similar to the vw and the only thing i come up with is **** from ebay. so if you know if the electronics on the fobs will work or know bout a company that makes an alarm similar to what im talking bout let me know.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8913

Jeffro

Reaction score
Technically speaking, any transmitter would work as long as its on the same frequency and carries out the proper signal for operation. That's how those code grabber things work for garage doors and stuff. You figure out the frequency and boom, you can open it without one of the buttons that came with it.

bex

Reaction score
Does the 6th gen accord carry a transmitter chip in the key? If it does, then this mod can be successfully done if you take the whole key out and swap it into a new remote body with chip and all.

The only doubtful part would be if the FCC IDs match up to operate the keyless entry systems.

Just my .02cents

champaned_out

Reaction score
bex said:
Does the 6th gen accord carry a transmitter chip in the key? If it does, then this mod can be successfully done if you take the whole key out and swap it into a new remote body with chip and all.

The only doubtful part would be if the FCC IDs match up to operate the keyless entry systems.

Just my .02cents

this was already attempted before from someone on v6p about 1-2years ago...
he was unsucessful

what he found out was theres no way to fit the 7th gen key into the 6th gen ignition.. what you would have to do is swap out your ignition with a 7th gen ignition, custom fit it and then wire it up properly to make it all work.. i think thats where he gave up

i have like 4 friends with a 7th gen accord and their Keys are much more bulkier than our 6th gen keys

minituck04

Reaction score
that was one way of doing it. but you had to swap out the ignition and hte door locks. but you can hack up your key and pretty much glue it where the 7th gen is. so you had the remote part off the 7th gen and the key off the 6th gen together. ive talked with some guys off of the tsx forum and they said the fcc id is diff so it wouldnt work. the transmitter you could swap and it would work. but since the frequency is different it wasnt workin. so im wondering now if there is an aftermarket alarm that has something similar like witht he key

Back