6spd(CL-S preferred) swap package

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, it may be only a matter of time, but it appears my Auto tranny is starting to show some signs of..........

So, looking to source out the necessary parts for a 6spd swap, which I am hoping will be cheaper to get from the US than in Canada.

If anyone has the entire package to sell, without any work required on my end to repair anything, please send a pm.

OR

If anyone can refer me to a local JY in their area that has the entire assembly, please let me know.

Thanks,
Derek

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Join the club, Derek. lol Actually mine's not really acting up, I'm just wanting to do this before I get married. Anyway, I recently posted a WTB thread on j32a.com, you might want to try that as well...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Appreciate that, Chris, thanks.

Yeah, had a situation a couple months back after the tranny cooler install, that didn't help the situation, so now I am just being very careful not to step on it too hard and make the tranny have to work harder than necessary.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
derek hope you find what you're looking for...

6spd would be teh badass

I am hoping so too.

i still plan to go to AAMCO to see how much the damage would be to get it fixed. They do offer a life time warranty, which is good, but if the price is similar to a 6spd swap, might as well do that.

simon_y

Reaction score
Sucks about your transmission, but the future is looking good Derek. I'll help you search out some parts for you.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Appreciate that, thank you.

Sucks about your transmission, but the future is looking good Derek. I'll help you search out some parts for you.

Yeah, just driving very cautiously these days, so as not to overdue it too much.

Thanks, Simon. I haven't had a chance to go to AAMCO yet, but I am curious as to how much they will tell me it costs, but I have a feeling it would probably make sense to just do the swap.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
are you going to do the swap in US or Canada, Derek?

Hey Muhib,

Well, ideally, I would like to get everything done here to keep the costs low, but I may have to source things from both sides of the border. I think regardless of where I get the parts from, I would do the work here......unless one of my friends from the US is feeling VERY generous and giving! :lawl:

Back